Taqdeer

He is spending his evening as usual at the sea shore, taking in the sun set from his favourite spot. He has been posted here from quite some time.

It's a quiet place almost separated from the real world. After being on target for some elements he has been posted in Karvar, navy base primarily.

He is practically hiding here, conducting small missions until he is forgotten. Being an intelligence agent it's important for him to never come in spotlight.

Initially bored but now the he started loving the peace Karvar offers. Beautiful beaches which are practically empty, only with local fishermen. Stunning sun sets are his favourite, which are a regular feature here. After his shift he comes to this almost hidden place between rocks from where he watches the sun going down daily.

During the evening, beaches are visited by a variety of people. Kids who are are busy with playing volleyball or elders who are strolling together and some fitness enthusiasts who are busy jogging or running.

Today while sun is feeling a little lazy to go down, Rajveer saw her jogging. Her face red due to the blood flow, sweat trickling through her hairline and tanned legs making their way.

"Mausam Mausam Tha Suhana Bada
Mausam Mausam Maine Dekha Use
Hua Main Paagal Bas Palbhar Mein"

She went to another direction, while he kept on watching her and then she turned to come again. Rajveer is noticing her concentrated face and hands who in regular interval moving to wipe the sweat off from her face. She suddenly looked up to see him, their eyes met.

She blinked in realisation that he is looking at her and stumbled to fell on sand. She tried to break the fall using her elbow and due to friction from sand it's scratched badly.

Rajveer got up and went to her in jiffy.

"Are ...dikhao mujhe", he took her hand authoritively.

He rotated her hand gently and she sniffed in pain slightly.

"Lt. kahan dhyan tha aapka? How can you be so careless", he scolded her mildly while checking for other injuries.

She is looking at him in a daze. The way he is handling her with so much care is making her float somewhere in space.

"Lt. Singh...kuch pucha maine aapse", he asked little strictly.

"Huh...kya?", Naina asked suddenly coming back to real life.

"Aapka dhyan kahan tha?", Rajveer asked.

"Aap par.....", Naina replied without thinking.

He raised his eyes in comprehension when she realised what she has said.

"I mean aap pareshan mat hoyiye...it's nothing. I am fine", Naina said looking down. She is making a lame attempt to salvage the situation.

"Ok...but still, let's get this fixed. Mera ghar yahan se pass me hai. Let me do the dressing", Rajveer said.

"Nahi sir. It's ok. I will manage", Naina said.

"Mai aapse puch nai raha hu Lt. Singh", Rajveer said in a concerned voice.

Amazed at his behaviour, Naina followed him.

He opened his quarter's door for her, she went inside. Her immediate impression about the place is it's neatness and greenery around. Clearly he loves plants otherwise in such a transferable job who takes the headache to maintain plants but not with him. Every nook and corner are having indoor plants and the adjoining balcony have lush greenery. She is drifted near to the gliding door towards balcony when she heard him.

"Lt. Singh, yahan baithengi. Mai dressing kar deta hu", Rajveer said holding the first aid box in his hands.

Naina took a seat and he sat on his knees to clean her wound. She stares at him while he tends her dedicatedly. The care with which he is treating her made all her pain forgotten.

"Aapka mujhe dekhna ho gya ho to batayengi ki aap aise gir kaise gai, Lt. Singh? This is so careless on your part. And se karengi aap operations handle? Why are you silent? Answer me", Rajveer asked in a high tone bordering on scolding.

She is stunned but pissed at the same time.

"Can you answer my question Lt. Singh?", Rajveer asked again in the same tone.

Now Naina had enough, "Kuch bolne ka mouka denge tabhi bolungi na".

She pouted while saying that, it made her look so cute that Rajveer almost smiled.

"Aur ek bat batayiye, hum ek dusre ko pahle se jante hai na ...and as per I remember you are fine with calling me Naina then. To abhi kya issue hai?", she snapped.

"Umm...", Rajveer was trying to decide how to react to this unexpected change of events.

"To aap mujhe Naina kah sakte hai na...atleast jab hum official capacity ke bahar mil rahe hai. Batayiye?", she asked with the same pout.

Rajveer blinked and nodded in a daze. Rarely anyone bosses him around this much and that too his junior. But then well she is different.

/* let me know your thoughts on this. Mostly I will be wrapping this up in next two updates

*/