Milan ki raah

"Shit...shit...shit......kar kya raha hai tu?", he smacked him head.

He is still not ready and the time for farewell is fast approaching. Three months flew away and they spent every free moment together.

It's obvious not just to them but the entire base that something is going on between them. But none of them have confirmed anything yet. Nothing is still official.

They have concluded the mission and mostly now new postings will be declared. He knew that he have to say something now. He can't loose her. She is too precious to let go.

Naina is watching him since morning. She knew what he want to do and the way he is handling his nerves is making her laugh.

As he called for his fourth cup of coffee, someone knocked his door.

He looked up to see Naina leaning on the door smiling at him.

"Lt. Singh! Please come in. So please tell me", he said in a made up formal voice.

"Coffee par chale?", Naina asked.

"Abhi? Coffee peene hai to mai yahin mangva leta hu", Rajveer said acting to find a file.

"Ofc ki coffee doesn't seem to work on you. Subah se chaar char cup to pee hi chuke hai", she said with a smirk.

Rajveer blushed slightly and shakes his head, still avoiding her eyes.

"Chale? Vaise bhi mujhe kuch unofficial discuss karna hai aur I want you to address me as Naina. Not that boring Lt. Singh",  Naina said with raising her eyes and amused expression.

He closed the file in submission and looked at her smiling. She gave her dazzling smile which is enchanting for him.

They are sitting a small bistro near the base. A hot chocolate is sitting in front of Naina and Rajveer is stirring his Americano.

"Mujhe ab tak next posting orders nahin mile hai", Naina said.

He looked up at her to caught up in her grey orbs.

"Hmm....shayad kuch waqt bad aaye orders", he said moving his eyes again to his Americano.

"So mera kahne ka ye matlab tha ki you still have time", Naina added with her lips between her teeth.

He looked up in surprise, "matlab".
H
"Matlab ki you still have time to you know propose me or to ask for a formal date or anything else if you want", Naina said with a mischievous smile.

His mouth is hanging open at her words. She slowlyn moved her index finger towards his chin and closedo his mouth. He blushed at this gesture and looked kdown with a grin.

"So ....", Naina asked.

"So?", Rajveer played along.

"Are you gonna ask me?", Naina said.

"Ask you what exactly? Fir se batao?", he asked amusingly on her impatient expression.

"Are abhi to bataya na", she asked incredulously.

"Acha...shayad mai hi thik se samajh nai paya. Fir se batao zara", he asked with twinkling eyes keeping his hand on his face taking support of table.

She stood up instantly, "rahne dijiye. Mujhe na bat hi nai karni aapse". She tried to move when he held her hand and pulled in slightly.

She is surprised at his bold stance.

"Baith jao chup chap", he said strictly but his beautiful smile ruined the effect.

She gulped and took back her seat.

"Ok so now when you are comfortable, tell me something", he asked.

"Kya", she asked with a pout.

"Why you are so cute?", he asked pulling her cheeks.

Her eyes are popping out. What happened to her commanding officer? Did he really pulled her cheeks?

"Aapne ye puchne ke lie roka mujhe", she said faking anger by moving her face away from him.

He made her look at him.

"Well dates par hum bahut ja chuke hai...unofficial hi sahi. I really wanted to talk about serious business here", he said with a composed face.

She screwed up her face in concentration.

"Naina you know what I feel for you and I know you too feel the same. I just want to know ki humara koi future hai?", he asked earnestly.

She knew it's coming but still he took her breath away with his words. Her face reddened with the blush and she nodded once.

He squeezed her hand and took it to his mouth for an open mouth kiss. It's so simple but so endearing act for Naina that she couldn't help but touched with his act.

"Chale?", he asked.

"Kahan?", Naina asked.

"As your CO I am giving you rest of the day off because you will be needing it", he said with a wink.

"Kyu?", she asked although perfectly understanding his intentions.

"To actually go for our first formal date", he replied.

/* so tell me how did you liked this short story. I am marking this complete now as I thought of it as a short story only.

Do tell me your inputs. Also comment and vote friends. It won't take much of you time but means the world to me.

Also very important. "Happy 15th lrl anniversary to everyone!!"

*/