⏳2⏳

"Okay, y'all! Let's review what we've learned!" The cheery voice of Miss Minutes encouraged. Olivia rolled her eyes, stretching her arms and legs in her chair while her head rested in Loki's lap. She was careful to not punch him while he carelessly flipped through a magazine he had found in one of the drawers by Mobius' desk. "What happens when a Nexus event branches past Red Line?"

"Very bad things." Loki replied in a bored tone, not looking up from the magazine.

"Come on, Loki, what is it?" Miss Minutes pressed, a little more aggressively. Olivia turned to look at the sprite sitting on a stack of papers.

"It's when the TVA can no longer reset a Nexus event. Okay? Boring." She replied.

"Right! And that would lead to the destruction of the timeline and the collapse of reality as we know it."

"Can you hear us?" Loki asked, closing the magazine to look at Miss Minutes. "Are you a recording or are you alive?"

"Uh, sort of both!"

"Ah." Loki rolled up the magazine as he took his feet off of Mobius's desk, forcing Olivia to sit up properly in her chair. Loki smirked at her before swatting at Miss Minutes with the rolled up magazine. The orange clock jumped away, landing on an hourglass.

"Watch it! Where are your manners?" Miss Minutes chastised. Loki swung again, missing the sprite for the second time. "Hey, quit it!"

"Loki, please." Olivia took the roll of paper from him, jerking it out of his hand. Miss Minutes seemed to smile in thanks, jumping on top of the old computer screen displaying a multiple choice word problem that neither Loki nor Olivia had bothered to solve.

Olivia took this as her chance to swat at Miss Minutes herself.

"Hey! That is not nice!" The clock scolded, jumping back into the computer from whence she came. "Jerks."

"You can't hide in the..." Loki started to protest before Mobius arrived to his cubicle.

"Training goin' well?" He asked.

"Yeah, yeah! We-" Olivia said quickly.

"Is that my jetski magazine?" Mobius pointed to the rolled up paper in Olivia's hand. "Put it down, come on, gear up. There's been an attack, let's go."

Olivia let the magazine uncurl as she set it on the desk, Mobius handing both her and Loki plastic packages with some kind of brown fabric. They opened them up to reveal two types of outer-wear in each package. Loki had a brown wind-breaker type jacket, Olivia holding a blazer in a similar color. Both had the circular crest of the TVA on the left breast area. Loki slid his jacket on, popping the collar with a satisfied smile. Olivia slipped her blazer on, adjusting the orange and yellow kerchief around her shirt collar.

Mobius led the pair to the Minute-Men locker rooms of sorts where a small group of Hunters were already gathered, B-15 at the head of the group. Loki, Mobius, and Olivia shuffled into the circle awkwardly as B-15 began her briefing.

"C-20 and her team went dark shortly after they jumped into the 1985 branch. All signs point to another ambush. We've grabbed enough temporal aura to know that it's our Loki Variant. But which kind of Loki remains unknown." The Hunter started with a serious tone.

"They're the lesser kind, so we're clear." Loki jumped in. Olivia snorted next to him. B-15 made a similar noise in response.

"Let me see the backs of your jackets." She said. Confused, Loki and Olivia turned around and attempted to look over their shoulders. In bright orange letters, the word 'VARIANT' was written across the backs. Some of the other Minute-Men suppressed chuckles.