𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

"You useless shit!"

A kid crying, they ran helplessly through the forest. There was a child crying in the forest alone and afraid. All while he waltzed through without a care in the world. His horns stuck up out of the roots of his head with a grin on his face, some could've mistook him for the devil. On the other end, a kid was running for their life, crying desperately for anyone who would be silly enough to wonder through the woods at night. That silly person would be him. They ran while he walked, unaware of the other until their paths would cross in the center. "Woah there squirt, how the hell'd you end up all out here?" His voice was low but oddly soothing as his face softened, they ducked behind him, just in time for the rustle of bushes to pop out a slender, old man. His hair was black and wild, his clothes were a little torn but he seemed to try to make it work. What stood out the most was the cleaver in his hand.

"Hey, seen a stupid lil' kid around here?"

A grin was on his face, head tilting a little with a curious gaze. "No sir. Say, what's a kid doing running around these woods at night?"

The man with the cleaver's face turned sour, his voice growing deep. "Keep your nose out where it don't belong." And with that, he walked off.

With a satisfied hum, he pulled the child from behind him and bent down to their height. "Hey, it's alright. What's your name kiddo?"

"███."

"My name's ███████, How'd you feel about living with me?" He chuckled as he lifted the child into his hands while a genuine smile came onto his face. "I'll take care of you well, Y/N."

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

'Oh lord- where the Hell is it?!'

They frantically searched the room, looking for their suit, searching through the cupboards and wardrobes. It practically looked like a war zone in their room. It was an early morning when he called for them into his study, prepped and ready for a days work which meant searching for their suit. A surrendering sigh of frustration left their lips as their hands combed through their hair.

"Looking for something?" A voice soon spoke from the entrance of the room, they were too busy searching that they hadn't noticed the swinging of the door.

"No, I've messed up the room for fun! Of course i'm fucking searching for something." Sarcasm dripping from the voice of the H/C-haired character, another sigh left them as their hands were placed on their hips.

"Hm. Lookin for this then?" Their head seemed to face the direction of the voice in a fraction of a second, their face growing annoyed as they deadpanned.

Quackity stood at the door, holding up a clothes hanger with a suit hanging off of it. He was already wearing a suit of his own, suspenders on his shoulders and a pair of black boots on his feet. The only thing that made him look less,,, professional, would be the black beanie hanging off his head with his ruffled black hair poking out in some areas and to top it all off; a yellow rubber ducky pin stuck on the beanie.

"Oh, you shit head. Of course you have it."
Y/N sighed and deadpanned at the man, snatching the coat hanger from his hands and sighing again in an annoyed relief.
"Next time check my wardrobe. Our suits get mixed up sometimes, amor." An amused grin snuck its way onto his face before he chuckled and turned to leave the room. They shut the door as soon as he stepped out so they could start to change into their suit.

'Dumbass. Stop calling me that name.'

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Moments later, they slid down the handrails of the stairs like an excited child on Christmas morning and rushed to the study, of course knocking on the door before entering.
"Morning." The sound of Y/N's voice caused his ears perked up to in response as he looked up at them with an accomplished grin.
"Heyy, there's my kid! Are you ready to help me win this?"

Schlatt. The man who covered for them years ago and adopted them out of pity and concern. Since then, they hadn't seen the man with the cleaver but Schlatt made sure that almost everyone knew who he was with a bounty for his head but that's not the answer he would give them. To them, Schlatt taken them in after they were abandoned outside his home. He didn't want to seem "too soft".

"You think I'm not ready? Ouch, dad."

"You know damn well that's not what I meant." Schlatt rolled his eyes before turning his attention back to an array of sheets in front of him, all of them filled top to bottom with information. Of course, curiosity filled Y/N's eyes. They leant over his table a little, head tilted a little to get a better view.

"What are you working on?.."

A grin grew on his lips as he pat the seat next to him, inviting Y/N to sit next to him before laid the sheets out so they could see every single one. His low voice spoke with mischief.

"So.. I've just been doing some research on our competition."

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘