Chapter 1: Unexpected Beginnings

Stupid neighbor. What's with all the noise of the hammering, sawing, detaching of woods this early in the morning. I tried to open my eyes, groaning and feeling irritated for the sudden wakeupcall. I stretched my arms and it was just then that I remembered to glance at my wall clock.

"Oh shiz! 7:10!!" I gasped. I guess the hammer and Mr. Carpenter are my savior for today. I forgot how I threw my alarm clock last time for ringing nonstop when it was actually a Saturday. I hurried my way to the bathroom, grabbing my towel and phone. Yes, my phone. It's not waterproof. Lol. But who knows when you'll receive a call from someone saying I won the lottery. As if I ever join those stupid game of chances. Hah! Well, at least I got my hopes up.

I was about to apply some mascara on my lashes when my mom suddenly rushed to my room, catching me surprised to her grand entrance. I forgot to prepare the red carpet though.

"Until when will you quit your silly games, Jaeni? I told you not to shop online! It might be a scam! It's only your first day at work and now you're buying things you don't even need."I need an earphone Mom. I need it to not hearyourprecious sermons like this. She tossed me a little package, which I almost dropped. Oh hey thanks shaky hands. Well, meet my mom. And with that, she turned her back and was about to go when she flatly said "Breakfast is ready. Quick and you're going to be late!" Hehe isn't she sweet.

As I was munching on my tuna sandwich, my phone lit up and I sighed. It was the usual, deep sigh that I'd always do whenever I receive calls from him.

"What?" I nonchalantly said, still chewing my sandwich.

"You have to meet me in 10." Said the evil guy on the line. I groaned and continued eating.

"Uhm. Who's this? I don't remember an appointment this early AND it's my first day at work so I guess it's a no? So yeah goodby-" he cut me off and said

"We got it. Goodness Jaeni, we got it!" He exclaimed. Confusion was drowning me and he seemed to notice because I was just making alien noises.

"Oh stop acting dumb! Oh i forgot that you're already dumb. But hey! The contest! We made it. Hurry and pack your stuff. NOW. Why now? Coz I know it'll take you a day to do that. You and your OC-ness. Luggage good for a week, okay?" He quickly said.

"Wait what? When? How? Dfq what are yo-" I was again stopped. This guy thinks he's almighty.

"Quit talking! I told you to meet me right? But.. Fine fine I'll just line you the details. And oh don't forget to bring winter clothes. I know you have such thick skin but heck. Trust me when you need it. I've been to China before." So what if you've been to China before.

"Hanging up now." Thenhangup. I was again about to speak when the line went dead. I heard him scoff though before hanging up. Whatthehelliswrongwithyou, Maku.Wellwhatelseisnew.

I was still dumbfounded with the conversation that we had. Okay, so we participated in an international video contest and to make things short, we won the first prize. I wasn't assuming things. Winning the first place can explain what the "luggagegoodforaweek" meant. We're going to Seoul! Damn it it's Seoul baby!

Mark'sP.O.V.

"Oh where is iiit." I've been rummaging my closet for good while. I can't seem to find my passport. My hands are shaking, I'm freaking panicking! I'm panicking coz I'm so excited to spill the good news to Jaeni. This morning, I received an e-mail from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Korea that we've been awarded with the Outstanding Achievement Award, that's first place, for the video contest that we participated in. Of course the prize is as exciting as owning a Ferrari. We both love traveling, but she's never been out of the country. I am too excited. Too excited for Jaeni. This is what she's been dreaming for since we were in high school. I do remember her telling me how she'd never pass the chance to go to Korea. So when we came across the Arirang's Facebook page 4months ago, we immediately worked on it. It wasn't easy though. We went into the city streets, and randomly picked people to disturb, I mean interview. I was even annoyed on how picky she was when all that mattered was the naturality of the answers. There are times that I'd hate her. She's so annoying. She's hot and cold. Oh no not thatkind of hot. Srsly. *sigh* Fine. She is that kind of hot. Well at least for me. That's the least that she can do for humanity. She's so immature. That's why I'm being the same to her. I'm just being fair.

When I finally found my passport, I smiled to myself. I know it sounds funny to see a guy smiling at his passport for a good minute but I'm just so excited for Jaeni. I mean like, she's been waiting for this her whole life. I know I'm mean to her but she's someone I just can't resist. Jaeni.. She's my bestfriend after all.

Jaeni'sP.O.V.

Reality had dawned on me and now I'm on my way to CoffeeSmith. It's where I work. Ha-ha. Who on earth would go to their boss and ask for a one week leave on their freaking first day of work? Well, me. Maku had just LINE-d me the details and it said that we're leaving in two days. At least I have time to get my stuff ready. Oh gosh my dream city in two days! I paid for the cab and as soon as I opened the door, I suddenly came back to my senses when I heard a sound that seemed like someone's butt landed on the ground. I swear it wasn't just a tight thud. I was still in panic mode so the way I opened the car would definitely knock you down on the ground. So I hurried to the lady, heart beating like crazy.

"Uhmm.. Miss? I am so s-sorry. Are you alright?" I stretched out my hand to help her get up. She didn't seem to hear me though. So I lightly tapped her shoulder, still unaware that she's on the ground. I continued to catch her attention. Wait, is she unconscious? That's when until she finally looked up to me. Her bangs covering her eyes a little. Wow. A gasp was the only reaction that I could do.

❗❗❗❗

A/N: Hiya~! I've always been a fan of writing but I never got to finish one nor publish one either. I've always written drafts, and there was a time when I even made it to 3 chapters. Only. Haha I'm so sorry. I got lots of ideas popping when I'm daydreaming, or when in a vehicle, or even during hangouts. But when I already in front of my laptop or tab, I can't seem to get the ideas together. I don't know how to start. Lol. So now I finally had the courage to start one. For all those who know me personally, please don't misunderstand some scenes, situations. Though as you may know, someof the scenes really did happen in real life (you know which part if we're really friends). But please, most of it are purely fictional and/or coincidental. So no harm done. Hehe :))

I hope I'll do well. This, being my first published book is like a long time dream. I know that I still suck, but at least I took the risk xD Thank you for taking time to read~ I just wanted to share the crazy ideas wrestling in my mind. Hahaha. Thank you! I really appreciate it. *bows*

PS: Let's exchange Twitter and Instagram account names. What's more fun than chatting with a fellow Wattpader :'> hihi