Nine

"Mrs

"Mrs. Huang called earlier. She's inviting you for a celebratory buffet tonight." Mrs. Xu said as soon as Timmy woke up.

"You literally jinxed this, Mom!" Timmy replied then kissed his son on the forehead.

"I guess they've heard the news. It'll be alright. It's a celebratory buffet, nothing will go wrong." HIs mom said.

"I guess so. By the way mom, my bestfriend, Mei, is coming here tonight with his friend. I promised to let them stay here so I will clean the guest room later." Timmy said as soon as he received a confirmation text from Mei yesterday.

"Oh, another supermodel will grace my house. I am flattered. He will join you in the reunion this weekend?" Mrs. Xu asked.

"Yes. Another friend of mine is coming with us by then." He added.

"Are you dating anyone of them?"

"Mom! Mei is my bestfriend and the friend he's bringing is his soon to be boyfriend. The other one is a suitor." He replied.

"Okay, I get it. Looks like our home boy Johnny still wins. Hahahaha! Okay, bye sweetie! I'll just visit the office today." Mrs. Xu kissed his forehead and left the house laughing.

As he was cleaning the guest room, he received a text from an unknown number.

This is Mrs. Huang. Are you free to have a lunch with me? I'll meet you at the hotpot shop near the university.

Okay. Timmy replied, thinking maybe that this is what he is waiting for.

As soon as lunch time is near, Timmy drove off to that familiar place

He immediately saw Mrs. Huang as soon as he enter the shop.

"You're here. Please, take a sit," Mrs. Huang said.

Timmy sat opposite Mrs. Huang. Mrs. Huang told him to eat before they start their conversation.

"So... you're back," Mrs. Huang started as soon as the dishes were removed from their table.

"I am, but I am not staying for long. I already used my two weeks here. My manager might call me to go back one of these days." Timmy replied in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Are you still angry at me? From way back then?" Mrs. Huang asked as she sipped on her tea.

"At first, yes, but as soon as I think over what you've said before, I can agree that you are right. It's just that I don't like the way you said it to me without Johnny's consent." He replied.

"But you chose to ran away. It was not my fault. You want to prove something, and it ended ruining up your relationship with my son." Mrs. Huang replied, no guilt can be sensed on her tone.

"I should thank you for that wonderful words you said back then. It made me who I am right now. I wonder, as a supermodel, do you think as of now, do I have what it takes to stand next to your son?" He asked.

"It doesn't matter if you're a supermodel or just a farmer's son, if my son loves you, then who am I to stop his feelings for you, right?..."

"Bullshit!" Timmy said while pounding the table, Mrs. Huang was startled and didn't continue what she wants to say. "What? You'll say that it's because it will damage the reputation of your husband that time? You also told me I am not good enough for your son. You also gave me a lame excuse to stop our relationship by transferring him to other university. Do you think I don't know that?"

Mrs. Huang's eyes glared at Timmy. "Yes, I tried to stop your relationship at that time but Johnny won't listen to me so what can I do. Also, there is nothing wrong at what I told you before. Although I know you'll enter the university that year, I just gave you an advise that to be able to stand next to my son, you should be exceptional. I just don't want you to be labeled as my son's husband, without any merits on his name. It sounds infuriating right? Can you blame, a mother when all I want for my son is the best? You, as a father of your own kid, don't you want the best for him too?" 

"Yes, I want all the best for my son, but his happiness is most important for me. I just guess me and you are just raised differently. Maybe it was because you are born on a political family but I am glad I am a farmer's son." Timmy stood up and about to leave the shop when Mrs. Huang asked another question.

"That kid, he is Johnny's, right?"

Timmy stopped at his tracks.

"Yes, and I am about to tell it to him at the reunion. I hope that you can keep this secret until that time, and let us, the fathers to talk about his future arrangements." Timmy replied then continue to walk away from the shop, leaving Mrs. Huang alone with her tea, still on her hands.

 Huang alone with her tea, still on her hands

Xu Wei Zhou! My flight coming early. Pick us up at 4pm. Sorry for the hassle.

Timmy received a text from Mei and he smiled at his friends text.

Maybe it was a good thing to bring Mei and his boyfriend at the banquet later. He will be too outstanding if he joins this week banquet alone.