Eight

"Are you nervous for tonight?" Timmy's mom asked him for the 4th time this night

"Mom, it's a pageant of course I would be nervous. I haven't had a question for the candidates later, help me make one." Timmy replied and asked in return.

"Just ask anything about the economy since tourism is the city's main attraction. Who knows, the other judges might have arranged a set of questions already. Actually, I am excited for tonight..."

Timmy looked at her mom in disbelief. "Why?"

"It's my first time seeing you prepare and get ready for an event. A supermodel, indeed. The media will be here soon and will be asking repetitive questions but I know you can handle them well. A letter came this afternoon about your reunion, I guess you already knew that."

"Mom, are you my secretary?" Timmy asked laughing.

"Son, I have to do it because I know that later, you will forget everything I told you. Don't ask why... I know it will happen."

"Yeah, yeah. Let's leave now. It's bad if the pageant started late."

At the Grand Pavilion at the Municipal Hall

"Welcome, ladies and gentlemen. Are you ready for tonight's show? Please welcome our judges for tonight. First, our honorable Governor, Governor Johnny Huang." The emcee announced and the crowd clapped their hands. "Next is a very special guest. The supermodel Timmy Xu." The crowd clapped their hands and looked at him with pride. "Please also welcome...." The emcee continued his welcome remarks but anyone sitting near Johnny and Timmy can already feel that tension.

The night of the pageant was on it's final stretch. The question and answer portion is up and Timmy was nervous in ways he didn't know.

"Candidate no. 8, please pick a judge on this bowl and prepare for the judge's question."

The candidate did what the emcee told and picked up Timmy's name.

"Okay, you're lucky. You picked Mr. Xu. Good luck." The emcee said and let the candidate walk forward to answer the question.