Chapter 35

“Madam, knowledge is more precious than gold.”

Dokyeom announced shamelessly.

The wizard then flopped down to take a seat. The recoil that came due to his sudden movement caused the books that he had earlier piled up to tremble and collapse onto the ground. The knowledge that he said was more precious than gold was now haphazardly lying down under his feet.

Lisa, who had been watching the exchange had her mouth slightly open, wondering if she should slip in a remark, but instead she ended up sighing heavily. She couldn’t take an uncompromising attitude, she wanted to help because she too was receiving a lot of help from him.

“I-I’ll, ask them to try and acquire them….” Lisa said as she prepared to leave the room.

“I would appreciate it.”

The wizard responded coyly to her remark and opened another book he had just reached out for. She shook her head dismissively at the wizard’s gratitude and left the library silently as not to disturb his work.

As she made her way away from the library, she noticed that the hallways were well lit, white from the bright light which poured in from the newly replaced windows. The windows had allowed more sunlight to enter the walls of the castle.

The weather has been unusually clear for the past few days, Lisa thought this as she looked out and gazed up at the cloudless blue sky from the windows. She basked in its warmth and sprightly walked down the stairs. At the end of the steps, a sturdy, vintage patterned rail was uniformly linked, and a soft carpet greeted her soles.

When she was first asked to decorate the castle, she felt overwhelmed, but now there was an inexplicable sense of accomplishment at the castle which she saw slowly changing before her eyes.

She happily skipped to the banquet hall to give her list of orders to Rudo. When she arrived, she saw him carefully supervising his work which was near completion. She approached him carefully.

“R-Rudo… are you busy?

“Ah, Madam, you’re here.” Rudo looked back at her, his wrinkled face was painted with a bright smile.

With a smile of her own in reply, Lisa handed him the parchment filled with orders.

“I-I went around the inner facilities… and checked if there is anything we need. C-Could you order what I wrote down? P-Please?”

“Of course.” Rudo replied.

“A-Also…tell them to get the books that I wrote down on the bottom.” Lisa added.

“Yes madam, I will.” The butler neatly folded the parchment and put it in his breast pocket.

She turned back with a smile, feeling giddy that she had just completed one of her tasks. She was about to open the door and go out again, when Rudo called her in a hurry.

“Madam, the apprentices, Yurixion and Garow, went out to the valley early in the morning today and caught four “Oakleys”. It’s currently getting prepared in the kitchen right now, if you haven’t eaten yet…”

“O-Oakley…?”

Rudo looked at her confused face in surprise.

“Have you never tried it? It is a clear water fish that lives in the valley. It’s very juicy and soft. There’s nothing in the world that’s as appetizing as a freshly caught Oakley cooked over a charcoal fire.”

Lisa gulped.

The food in Calypse Castle was very tasty, but it tended to be quite meat-oriented. Their affinity for meat was quite extreme that she hadn’t eaten fish ever since she came here even though the area was adjacent to the sea. She had been craving for fish so much that her stomach suddenly rumbled at the mention of it.