46- lucky number 7

Sophies p.o.v

A boy. Tall, brown hair, athletic. I am too far away to see who is it but it looks like they are walking towards me. 

I look behind me just to make sure that he is looking at me and not something else that made much more sense. But after my observation I came to the conclusion that this person was coming towards me and I definitely look embarrassing right now.

His face comes into view. Who is this guy? From the looks of him, he was just playing the game but I do not recognize his face. The other team?

"I swear I don't bite" He smiles a charming smile, obviously seeing my confusion.

"Oh, yea, of course not" I reply awkwardly.

"I'm Josh, by the way" He says raising his hand out to shake.

Reluctantly, I meet his hand and exchange subtle nods.

"Sophie" I reply.

"Sorry, I should probably mention that I have a very beautiful girlfriend. If that's why you are acting so weird" He chuckles lightly.

So why is this ken-like 'Josh' talking to me if he is taken. I decide I was going to stop being so shady to him. Since he really hasn't done anything wrong.

"Oh right, you know Josh I have to tell you, I go to this school. You know, your rivals?" I see his shoulders release from tension from my bluntness previously.

"But by the looks of you, you don't play lacrosse for the infamous 'Lakeshire Lions'" He says while fake gagging at the sound of our team name. 

"Hey you never know" I reply back sarcastically, earning a movie-like laugh from him.

I notice that he doesn't have his lacrosse shirt on, but in his duffel bag that he has over his shoulder.

"So, what position do you play" I say while motioning to his bag that looked like it was full with gear. 

"Attack, lucky number 7" He says while slinging his dirty shirt out of the bag and beaming at his 'lucky number'.

"Oh so you probably don't see much of Ethan, my boyfriend. He's the one that scored the last goal" I say with a slight bow as if I am taking in his success. 

"Oh Ethan? Who doesn't know him" Josh replies in a way where I cannot tell if that is a good thing or not. 

"Well, apparently no one" I say with a slightly forced laugh.

Joshs' body language becomes dramatically uncomfortable. By this I mean the hollywood smile had disappeared from his face and he is no longer keeping eye contact. Perhaps he is stereotyping me as someone of Ethan's usual... type. 

"Is there something wrong?" I ask him from his random shift in demeanour.

"Uh sorry Sophie, it is just so weird to hear that Dolan has a girlfriend" He replies.

I mean I knew that he was not much of a relationship guy but Josh is making is seem like there is something that I don't know about. There better not be anything that I do not know about. 

"What do you mean by that?" I press.

"Um" He looks away again. "Nothing, you must be something else to tame that boy" His smile returns but less sincere as before.