13- the babysitter

Sophie's p.o.v

It's now the weekend, I didn't go to school cause I had fallen sick, not sure how though.

Ethan hadn't messaged me, Grayson texted me asking if I was okay. He's so sweet.

Saturday was the day I meet my unneeded baby sitter for the next six months. And let me tell you I am not excited to meet him, he is probably some 26 year old man that lives in a basement playing video games.

Jack was coming around to the idea of New York when he looked at all the schools (and girls) there.

"Sweetie he will be here any minute so make yourself... presentable" mum says.

Was that meant to sound as mean as it did? I fixed my hair all the same.

Believe it or not a few minutes later there was a knock on our door.

My dad jogs to open it and greets him with a smile.

The door is around the corner so I walk a little closer to get a better look.

"I'm Mark, this is Kate, your mother has said such good things about you." My father gives him a famous smile.

I stand frozen as I look at the man, boy. Tall, beautifully built boy, a face I had seen before.

It was none other than the famous.

Grayson Dolan.

"Hi I'm Grayson nice to meet you" Grayson smiles.

His eyes fall on me with a surprised yet playful smirk.

"Okay well this is Jack" motioning to Jack. "And this is Sophie"

Should I mention we have met? Better not, will keep things more exciting.

He nods our way and he cannot contain his smirks.

"I'll let you guys talk, then Grayson we will talk about the next six months" Grayson nods in response then turns his gaze to me.

"Hey Sophie, what a pleasant surprise" Grayson winks, looks like serious Grayson is officially gone and flirty Gray is back.

"Wait you two know each other?" Jack buds in.

"Well-"

I cut Grayson off.

"We go to the same school" I try to say not awkwardly.

Grayson shoots a disappointed glare.

"You guys are weird, seeya" and with that jack turns and heads to his room.

Grayson let's out a small chuckle at my brother.

"Someone is being a little bad today, lying to your family?" He says with a fake surprised expression with his hand on his chest.

"Shut up Gray" I laugh.

"I love hearing you say my name like that" he cheeky smirks.

He obviously noticed my rosy cheeks cause he chuckled and moved a little closer to me.

"This is going to be fun" he whispers in my ear.

Sadly, he walks past me, brushing against my shoulder slightly as he does so.

"Where are you going?" I ask with disappointment dripping from my lips.

"Going to talk to your parents about me baby sitting you" he chuckled

"Oh-" my face turns red from embarrassment.

I stand there for a few minutes, looking around, tapping my long fingernails on the table. My curiosity gets the better of me, I wanted to know what they are talking about.Quietly, I tip toe over to the lounge and put my ear to the door. It's kind of muffled but I can mostly hear what they are saying. It was mostly just boring stuff but then i heard my name mentioned.

"Sophie recently finished boot camp, she need some confidense boosting beause she used to have panic attacks, so if anything happens, which is unlikely, give her these or call us"

My face begins to tear up as the memories flood back to me, did she really have to tell im that? Grayson was going to think that im weak.

"Of course Mr and Mrs Hill Im sure everything will be fine, so do you think we should get to know each other before next week?"

Classic Grayson.

"Yea certainly, why don't you take Sophie and Jack out of the house for a bit, we need to pack our things anyway" My dad says.

I can hear them walking twards the door so I quickly sit on the couch and 'go on my phone'.

*In the car with Grayson and Jack*

"So aren't you like the same age as Sophe?" Jack asks.

"Well technically I am a few months older, but the same year yea" Grayson says with an awkard laugh.

"Then why are you babysitting us?"

"I guess you could say I'm mature" Grayson shoots a quick glance at me.

"Where are we going?" I ask trying to change the subject.

"My house, because Ethan is being all moody and I think you can help" Grayson smiles at me.

The thought of Ethan brings shivers to my spine.

"Me? I can't do anything, how could I help?" A million questions bolting through my head.

"Yea why would Sophie help, and who is Ethan?" I forgot Jack was in the back seat.

"Well you see Ethan and Sophie-"

"Know each other from school" I but in, does Grayson really have to be like this all the time?

"Whatever" You can tell Jack is suspicious but I think he is too lazy to ask about it and I am greatful.

Suddenly we are pulling into their familiar driveway, it reminds me, Graysons family seemed rich so why is Grayson taking this babysitting job? Grayson gets out of the car, me? Well im staying put in the passenger seat.

"Are you nervous?" Grays words reminded me to when Ethan asked me if he made me nervous, it seems so long since then.

"She is nervous" Jack says heading to the door already.

"N-No I'm not" shit that was convincing

"Uh huh" Grayson chuckles.

"My mums at work for a little longer, Ethans upstairs" Grayson says with a tinge of sadness in his tone and face.

I take that as a 'you dont really have a choice'

So I head upstairs and go to the room where me and Ethan made out not less than a few days ago, then also said we weren't anything. Good times.

Hesitantly, I lightly knocked on the door. No response. So I knock again but a bit louder. Still no response. Suddenly, I hear foot steps coming from behind me, so like any normal person I turn to investigate.

I am pleasantly greeted with a post shower Ethan, not going to lie I missed it. His wet hair and dripping chest paired with a low hanging towel was one of my favourite Ethan looks.

"Hey sweetheart"

////
Hey guys, sorry for the late update, I broke my phone and now have a bad phone that takes yearrrsss to write with.

This was a bit of a boring chapter :(

But the next one is filled with the famous Ethan charm, so stay tuned.

Vote and comment <3