11- Gray

Edited.

"Miss Hill were you about to ditch detention?"

Fuck.

"I-its not what it looks like sir" I try to explain.

"Four more days detention" he must have been in a bad mood.

"It was all my fault" Ethan jogs up to us.

"Fine detention for both of you then" he smiles evilly.

I hear a few laughs from the guys. Someone needs to get laid. And yes that is coming from me. What is with these teachers and handing out unecessary detentions like this, they don't get paid enough.  

I fold my arms and face away from Ethan.

"C'mon Soph" Ethan sigh.

"Only friends can call me Soph, it's Sophie" I spit.

I was hoping that he would feel some sense of responsibility, perhaps feel bad.

"We both know we deeefinitely are not just friends" Ethan smirks.

My head turns to see if any of Ethans' friends caught that. They seem to have gotten bored with us and were drowned in their own little conversations. I punch Ethan in the shoulder and he fakes an 'ow'. God I love but equally hate when he does that.

Angrily, I walk over to my desk and remember the red roses that Ethan has bought me. He made it so hard to be mad at him, but I sit with my head on the table hoping for the day to just be over.

However it seemed as if Ethan didn't want the same thing.

"So we get to spend even more time in here together" Ethan chuckles.

"I can tell you are excited about that" Ethan says sarcastically since I didn't reply.

"Why would you say that?" I say abruptly.

He looks taken aback at my sudden snarkiness. 

"Say what?"

"Don't try to act dumb, you made it sound like we were" I pause to clear my throat. "Doing it" my face reddens.

He bursts into a fit of laughter.

"Mr Dolan it's like you're asking for more detention" my number one hated teacher said.

"Oh sorry" he holds in his laughter.

"What's so funny?" I ask

"You, you're so innocent" he looks at his phone.

How is he getting away with going on his phone? Lord knows.

"I'm not innocent"

This just makes him laugh more.

"You just said doing it instead of fucking" he finally stops laughing.

"Well- I just- shut up and answer my question"

"Cause I wanted to" he shrugs

"I can't believe you right now" I get up to change desks but he pulls me back down and leans in closer so no one else can hear what he is about to say.

His eyes look at me with seriousness, not his usual playful flirty glare.

"I didn't want them thinking you were available" He shyly looks away.