11. New School, New Boys, And New Drama

ok, so the homeschooling thing is kind of confusing, so let me sum it up real quick.

-there's 80-90 kids at the school.

-they go to each class (math, history, science, ela, and an elective [band, choir, art,etc]) for 10 minutes and get assignments.

-then they go to a homeschooling pod for 4 hours in a room with about 5 kids and they get taught lessons.

-then they go home and do the assignments.

Sorry, I made it all up XD but oh well. Read pleaseeee.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anneliese's P.O.V

Guys and girls were scattered around the perimeter of the school. Groups were chatting it up and couples were making out. There were already some cliques that I could spot. The loners stood aimlessly around the campus, waiting for someone to come talk to them. All the jocks and preppy people clung together in groups as they migrated to the doors. And then we have the normal ones like myself. Some were walking with friends and some were just walking by themselves. Which is what I was doing at the moment. I mean, it's not like I had anyone to walk with. That is, until a broad shoulder smashed into mine causing me to stumble over.

I regained my balance and let my head rise. A tall blond boy with brown eyes was smirking at me, and I must admit, he's quite cute. "Sorry. Very sorry." Said a husky American accent, to my surprise. "You are?"

My cheeks flushed. I batted my eyes and straightened out my shirt. "Anneliese. I'm new." I said a little all too fast. His hand met mine and he brought it up to his plump lips, leaving a small wet kiss on the back of my hand.

"Braden. It seems that we already have something in common." He said in his charming purr.

My smile grew. "And what would that be?" I said flirtatiously.

"We both have American accents. I grew up in Colorado but moved here when I was 7. People say I act like I'm from her though, so I guess I've got some sort of British charm." He finished with a wink. "And where is the lovely lady from?"

"Florida."

Braden held his arm out as if waiting for me to take it. I laced my arm underneath his and we latched elbows. "So Anneliese, where's your first period?"

I unfolded my crumpled up schedule and read it aloud. "Ms. Bounds I guess." I said shrugging it off.

"Splendid, that's mine as well. We'll walk together." Braden said as more of a command than an offer.

I shook it off and followed next to him. We approached the front doors of the small school and walked inside. "So Braden, how exactly is this considered homeschooling?" I asked bluntly.

He chuckled. "Were only here for about an hour. Each period is 10 minutes long. All we do is get our homework for the night from each subject and then we go off to our different 'homeschooling pods.' it's very confusing, but you'll get used to it."

This is sort of strange, I thought homeschooling was, well, at home. Or at least in a building that's not a school. My mother never bothered to explain this schools process to me, or take me to the orientation for that matter, so this is all a lot to take in on the first day. Once again I looked down at my schedule. My main room will be room 1125, which is a computer classroom. Braden soon let go of my arm and stopped at his locker, allowing me to trudge down the hall in search of my first period class.

I noticed the amount of kids in the school was very different from the outside. Everyone inside wore regular clothes, like myself, and the teens outside looked to have some sort of uniform. All of them wore the same colors as each other. I guess this school isn't as crowded as I thought it was.