4. Everyone Has A Passion

Anneliese's P.O.V

For the rest of the day I was probably happier than ever. My smile would not fade and I felt unstoppable. This was technically my first boyfriend, and if things get serious enough, my last. If you know what I mean. But it's only the first day, and I know theres many more to come.

My biology teacher is running on and on about cell structures and photosynthesis, and I honestly don't understand any of it. I'm not exactly paying attention to anything until Harry walks by my classroom. He stops and waves at me. I want to wave back, but I'm in the middle of a class so I just smile. He begins to dance around in the hall making funny faces, and I could no longer hold in my laughs. Mrs. Langley, my biology teacher, drops her marker and turns to me.

"Is there something you would like to share with the class, Ms. Palmer?" She snarls, pushing her glasses up the bridge of her nose.

"No ma'am, just getting over a cold." Wow. I thought to myself, even a 5 year old wouldn't believe that.

She folded her arms and leaned against her desk. "I don't appreciate your tone. Principals office. Now." She said, pointing her boney finger towards the door.

All the oohs filled the silence in the room while I snatched my bag off the back of my chair and walked away with my combat boots clicking against the floor. Little did I know, Harry had stayed in the hallway during that little fiasco.

"Whoops." he said hiding his smile.

"it's cool, let's go." I said rolling my eyes. I had no intention of going to the principal, I was going home!

"Anneliese Palmer to the principals office." Said a voice on the intercom.

"Damn." I said walking the other way.

"Text me when you get home!" Harry yelled after me.

I approached the principals office and walked to the desk. "I'm Anneliese." I said irritated.

"Ahh yes. Dr. Fillman needs to see you." said the secretary, motioning me towards a big brown door.

I ambled over reluctantly, and knocked two times before entering. He looked up at me and pointed to a chair, in which I was happy to sit in. I'm extremely lazy sometimes. "What exactly did I do wrong?" I said confused.

He looked up at me with a grin, and leaned in closer like he was about to whisper to me. "Honestly, nothing. Mrs. Langley gets agitated easily. The little old fart can't tell left from right!" He said in a whisper laugh.

Was that a relief! I've never gotten sent to the principal before, and I didn't intend to start now. I smiled and leaned back in the chair. "Does this mean I get to go home?" I ask laughing.

"Yes in fact it does, lucky you!" He said with a grin as he turned to his computer. He was clicking away on his keyboard and I couldn't help but admire a certain picture on his desk. It was of what I assumed was his son, riding a longboard out at Hallow Creek Park. His smile was so big, and he looked to be about 13.

"Your son skates?" I said, pointing to the picture on the desk.

He took off his glasses and folded his hands on his desk, turning to face me. "Yes, he does actually. He got that board for Christmas last year and can't go a day without riding it. It feels good to have a passion about something, doesn't it, Ms. Palmer." He said looking up at me.

In that moment I realized that I didn't have a strong passion about anything. I wasn't involved in any school sports, and I didn't really have a hobby. I've pretty much tried every sport possible, when I was a little kid. But nothing ever stuck. Well, there was one thing. I did it for a little over 3 years. I was an ice skater. The feeling of your blades gliding across the ice underneath your feet, and the cold wind in your face made it so much more desirable. I would be at the rink for at least 8 hours a week, and I was on a competition team. One day, I don't know what happened. I just, quit. There really is no explanation; I don't even know why myself. It just happened. And I regret it so, so much. The only people who know that though is my dad and Alexa.