Chapter 24: Resolve

Looking back, Ori never really got the chance to say how much his savior meant to him. Sure, that was because he didn't realize how much they were similar until a bit ago, but he honestly couldn't let the thought go. This place didn't reflect the kind nature he showed to Ori, and it certainly wasn't as bright or cheery as his own world was.

Ori thought back to the scene in the car. He seemed... calm, composed, intellectual. He was definitely different from the other two with him, being lazy and gaudy, not to mention Jerome being very mean overall. Maybe his kind wasn't as pretty as Ori thought they were? I mean, one person can't tell you everything about a particular group of people.

He kept crossing the roads, street after street, seeing the signs for different types of things. He saw words that he's never heard before. "Coffee" "Insurance" "Cinema" "Video" All of it was foreign to him, and he was curious as to what it meant. He tried to investigate a few of the places, but there seemed to be no way in there without breaking the glass surrounding it, and he did not want to do that. He looked down on his cut, seeing it slowly heal up, and kept trudging on, wondering where his kind savior could possibly-

*KABOOM*

Ori instinctively turned to his left, and saw a massive explosion down the street. One larger than anyone he's seen up till now. He also heard a voice, a cry of pain and agony. A voice he recognized very well. Scared, he dashed towards the explosion, hoping to find his savior in good health. Though, considering the fire in that area, he couldn't be too sure.

The buildings around him began to move around him. Ori saw some of the buildings begin to collapse on themselves, and he made a run for it. The smoke and ash cloud was massive, but he had to survive it. He looked towards one of the massive structures that hadn't collapsed, and clinged on to one of its walls. He began climbing up it, as the wave of ash came flowing beneath him, and spreading all throughout the city. He saw an opening in the wall, and went inside to catch his breath. The room looked very different from what he was used to.

He saw the floor, mostly made of wood, covering the entirety of the room. He noticed a few chairs, made of some weird, black leather. The table in the center was mostly glass, and standing on top of it was a small glass vase, carrying a few white flowers inside of it. Ori noticed a different room off to the side, with weird metal contraptions on multiple counters.

What is this place? Ori thought. It looks so weird... but I can't say I hate it. Probably shouldn't touch those things though. He looked back towards the window he came from, and looked towards the now dissipated explosion. It was pretty hard to see what was down there, but he definitely noticed a few figures standing off in the distance. Maybe that's him over there? He got out of the window, slowly climbed down the building, and began running in that direction.

—————————————————

The fire slowly dimmed around Vini, leaving the ashes from the destroyed buildings around him. The sky still lit up in a golden blaze, as a small golden shard descended upon him. He could feel a gaze coming from it, not one of scorn or spite, but one of... sympathy. But, Vini didn't care. He could already feel his head twitch in response to his mere presence. He was just angry now.

"So, that was all your ploy from the start, Seir?"

"..." Seir remained silent, waiting for him to keep talking.

"Nevermind. Of course it was. Of course this was all your doing, you sick freak. I finally get the chance to see some people important to me, and then you go and do that? You really don't care about me at a-"

"That wasn't my doing."

"Ok. Then tell me, whose doing was it?"

"... it was yours."