Chapter Seven - Assault On Kadic Academy

As Batman began converging on Kadic Academy, XANA's Polymorphic Spectres have already begun their attack on the school. Within moments, all of Kadic Academy had descended into chaos. As the Polymorphic Spectres of Batman's Villains rampaged through Kadic Academy, Principal Delmas ordered all students and staff to evacuate to the gymnasium. As all the students were gathered at the far corner of the gymnasium, Jim spoke to the students. 

Jim: All right, everyone! We're going to hide out here until the authorities arrive!

Hiroki: But those were Batman's villains! The authorities won't be able to stop them!

Sissi: Now's not the time to nerd out about some lame superhero!

As Sissi said that, loud pounding was heard. Jim turned his attention to see fist sized dents could be seen punching through the door. Immediately, the students became frightened. 

Milly: They're breaking through!

Jim: Stay calm! Supervillain or not, I'm not about to let anyone hurt you while Jim Morales is here! 

It wasn't long until the doors of the gymnasium was broken down. As the doors were broken down, Bane and Killer Croc along with Scarecrow and Poison Ivy entered the gymnasium. Jim soon stepped up to the villains. 

Jim: All right, you costumed nutjobs! You're not about to get one over Jim Morales! If you want those students, you're going to have to go through me!

Without warning, the Polymorphic Spectre of Bane grabbed Jim  by the throat and threw him on the bleachers. The villains then moved towards the frightened students with the faculty preparing to protect the students. Suddenly, Batarangs were thrown into the room at the villains. The Polymorphic Spectres were soon attacked by Batman. Upon seeing Batman, Hiroki became excited.

Hiroki: Batman! It's Batman!

The students and faculty watched as Batman took the fight to the Polymorphic Spectres posing as his villains. Milly along with her best friend Tamiya began to film the fight on their camera. At the fight, Batman quickly realized that the Polymorphic Spectres were stronger than he expected. 

Hiroki: You got this, Batman!

As Batman fought against the Polymorphic Spectres, the Polymorphic Spectres began to fire lightning at Batman. Though Batman was caught off guard, he was able to dodge the lightning. At this point, Batman decided to change his approach. 

Batman: (A direct approach won't work. I need to be smart about this.)

As Batman keeps the Polymorphic Spectres occupied, Batman studies the Polymorphic Spectres. It was clear that their fighting styles were drastically different from what they would normally do. As the Polymorphic Spectre of Scarecrow moved to attack Batman, Batman throws an Electric Batarang at the Spectre. The Batarang then emits a powerful shock which completely immobilizes the Polymorphic Spectre. Seeing how effective electricity was against the Polymorphic Spectres, Batman activates his Shock Gloves and took the fight against the Polymorphic Spectres. He moved on Posion Ivy and took her down without difficulty. As he moved to fight the Polymorphic Spectres of Bane and Killer Croc, Jim got up from the ground. Shocked to see Batman, he decided to try and help him by picking up a javelin. 

Jim: OVER HERE, YOU OVER GROWN CROCODILE!

Jim then throws the javelin at Killer Croc. To Jim's shock, the javelin phases right through the Spectre. The Killer Croc Spectre then turns his attention to Jim. Seizing the opportunity, Batman jumps on the Spectre's back and applies a powerful electric shock, knocking the Spectre out. Immediately after, the Polymorphic Spectre of Bane moved in on Batman. Batman was able to gain the upper hand on Bane by unleashing a series of relentless, fast-paced and focused punches on the Spectre before finishing it off with an uppercut to the face which applies a powerful shock of electricity. After taking down the Spectres, Batman turns to the students and faculty. 

Batman: The room is secure. You're all safe. 

Jim: Thanks for the assistance, Batman! Reminds of the time I worked at a security company in Gotham!

Hertz: You worked in Gotham City? 

Jim: I uh....rather not talk about it. 

Batman: I'm going to stop whoever's behind this. 

Sissi: Wait! You can't just leave us here! What if more Supervillains show up?!

As Sissi said this, he glances over to the incapacitated Polymorphic Spectres. He then places small bat shaped devices on them, encasing them in energy binds. 

Batman: They won't be getting up anytime soon. Follow me to the roof. It's the only safe place to hide. 

Left with no other choice, the students and faculty of Kadic Academy followed Batman up to the rooftop of the school. Batman then seals the door. 

Sissi: Are you just gonna leave us stranded here?!

Batman: No. I've notified the authorities to pick you up. You'll be safe here when they arrive. 

Hiroki: If Batman believes we're safe, then we're safe!

It was clear to Batman that Yumi's younger brother was a huge fan of him. Batman was soon approached by Delmas. 

Delmas: Thank you for you help, Batman. I do not know what brought you here, but we are grateful that you came. 

Batman: Keep the students safe until help arrives. I'll stop whoever is behind these attacks. You have my word.

As Batman said this, he jumped off the roof and began gliding through the sky. Hiroki was awestruck by this. With Kadic Academy secured, Batman began to focus his efforts on the other group of XANA's Polymorphic Spectres, knowing that they were looking for the Ion Cortex. The battle against XANA was far from over.