chapter four

WARNING !! semi-detailed fight scene !!

"What?!" Izuku screeched, Katsuki sat up abruptly at Izuku's sudden outburst.

"What? What happened?"

Katsuki watched as Izuku ignored his question and proceeded to talk on the phone with someone. The conversation from before had dwindled til there wasn't a thing to talk about and both boys had been fine with that. Until Izuku's phone had started to ring. He could only hear Izuku's responses but from what he could tell, it wasn't good.

"Okay okay, we're coming." With that, Izuku hurriedly hung up the phone and stood. Katsuki followed his lead and stood up as well.

"So? What's up?"

"It was Iida, we have to go downstairs."

"Iida? Who the hel-"

"No time to explain, we have to go."

"What the fuck! Go where Deku?"

Izuku proceeded not to explain as he grabbed Katsuki's hand and dashed towards the window. They had to be careful so they wouldn't fall, but sooner rather than later, they made it down the hall and to the stairs.

Opposition filled every bit of his body at the idea of going back down there. At the top of the staircase, what Katsuki saw was utter chaos. Did Izuku really think he could handle that again?

The base was blasting and people were scattering like rats, screaming their heads off and creating a whirlwind of bodies that made Katsuki's head spin. He was confused, he'd never been this bad with parties before. Was he feeding off of Izuku's nerves? The man in question scanned the crowd before sprinting down the stairs in a quick succession of steps and Katsuki hesitantly follows, not as gracefully some would say but miraculously he didn't fall. How Deku found whoever he was looking for in this mass of people was beyond him.

His mind is still lazy from the drinks but he didn't have a headache so that's something. His breath catches as he's engulfed into the crowd once again but this time Izuku's firm grip on his wrist keeps him grounded.

"Deku."

Before Izuku could stray away in this mayhem and be lost forever, Katsuki pulled him close. Accidentally pulling too hard, the boy was left stumbling into his chest. Katsuki cursed as he helped him straighten up.

"Sorry—" Katsuki's eyes fluttered closed as he tried to catch his breath. It was so fucking loud now that they were in the heart of it, he had to shout to be heard. "Just, fuck! When am I gonna see you again?"

Katsuki's intoxicated mind was all over the place with nerves but he could only assume he wouldn't get another chance like this. Would he have to wait until school started?

Izuku looked at him in a funny way.

"Kacchan, we live next door to each other. I can always see you later." Izuku reminded him. Damn, he'd forgotten about that.

"Izuku!" Katsuki heard someone call. Said boy twisted around and when Katsuki's eyes settled on the voice's owner, he immediately recognized her as one of Mina's friends. It was definitely pink cheeks, and she looked fan-fucking-tastic in her mini skirt and platform boots, though she seemed distressed.

God, he was so pan.

"Zuku! Thank god!" She rushed towards the two of them and Izuku dropped Katsuki's wrist to wrap her in a hug.

People stumbled and bumped into Katsuki in every direction, but when a firm hand settled on his shoulder, he turned to face them.

Nobody ever accidentally touched Katsuki.