Chapter 3

The music class went well, the coursework you had done in sixth-year had been graded and handed out, you turned over the test and looked at the mark, a grin starting to form on your face, a proud A* sat on the paper. Tears of happiness started to fill your eyes, finally something good today and for the first time that day you smiled, thankful that you at least was good at something. Professor Flitwick congratulated the class for last year's work, saying that this class was the best they had ever had. This news added to your happiness and you sighed in relief that something you had been doing was okay.

Soon the lesson was over and Flitwick kept you in after, your heart slightly beat fast, worried that you had done something wrong, maybe your mark was false and you actually failed like all the exams you had done.

"Don't look worried (y/n)" he said gently. "I just wanted to congratulate you for your work last year, your A* is definitely deserved"

"Thank you" you murmured, tears started to prick up again.

Flitwick smiled. "Are you okay?" he suddenly asked.

"Yeah" you said. "Thanks"

"You are welcome (y/n)" he said encouragingly. "You will do amazing this year I assure you"

"Thanks" you said again, turning toward the door.

Flitwick watched you go, he was slightly worried for you, you seemed stressed and full of sadness, he wondered why and he hoped you would feel better, he cared for you and wished to see you do well in all your endeavours.

You walked back to your dorm to get some things before your history of magic, like music. You were a little better at it than your other classes and you hoped that maybe the test you had done would give better results and would give you a nice end of the day.

Slowly you walked to your lesson, passing second years running around and stood outside the class, greeting a few of the other students before going into the classroom, the tests were already laid on the desk and Professor Binns sat at his desk, reading some random book about history, he looked up at all of you and then down at his book again. Slowly you turned over your paper and sighed, C. You sighed and rested your head in your hands, this was not enough and would only translate to an acceptable mark for the final NEWT score.

The lesson dragged on as Professor Binns said some random things about study classes and how all the class could do better before starting to go over the history of Emeric the Evil. You tried to keep focused on the lesson and managed to get as many notes down as possible so you could revise as much as you could.

Finally, the day was over and the rest of your lesson was study periods. You had decided in your history of magic lesson to go and ask Snape for any extra reading which could help you study, seeing as you were so behind. You were terrified to go but in the end, you knew you would have to get it over with. Slowly you walked down to the dungeon, taking your time to mentally prepare yourself for the dungeon bat.

After a while of slow walking, you got to his classroom and knocked on the door. Immediately it was opened and you looked up into the face of Snape, he looked down at you, confused. "What do you wish for (y/n)?" he asked, sounding bored. He walked into the classroom which was thankfully empty and sat behind his desk.

"I wondered if you could recommend any extra books?" you asked quietly.

"To boost your grade?" he sneered slightly. "You will not find any helpful information in worthless textbooks" he said, smirking.

You lowered your head, feeling defeated, tears started to fall from your eyes and you tried to hide them to little effect. You didn't look at Snape, worried about what snide comment or laugh he would do. Instead of that, you heard Snape stand and walk toward you, thrusting a handkerchief into your hand.

"use it" Snape said. You looked up at him to see a look which you couldn't fathom on his face, worry? Confusion? His face seemed to turn even more confusing as he looked into your eyes for a second. He waited for you to stop crying and opened his mouth. "I can offer you weekly, two-hour study sessions with me for potions"

You smiled slightly. "Are you sure?" you asked.

"Yes (l/n)" he said bored. "I would not offer you it if I was not sure about it" he rolled his eyes slightly, annoyed at your question.

"Thank you sir" you said, smiling.

Snape shrugged and sat on a desk behind you. "Keep the handkerchief" he said as you offered it back. You tucked it in your pocket as Snape carried on talking. "Tuesdays at 6pm" he said.

You nodded and smiled. "Thank you so much"

Severus shrugged. "You should go, I have a lesson in a couple of minutes" you nodded and quickly left.

You were happy that Snape had offered you a study session, however, it was slightly worrying that you would be with Snape alone for two hours. You found him scary but you hoped he might be kinder. You were thinking about this as you passed a group of third years who stood outside the classroom. You went back to your dorm, hopefully, you could sleep before you would need to start revising, you were very tired after all the day's hardships.