Chapter 6

You woke and looked around, it was late and dark. You had fallen asleep on your textbook and woke in the middle of the night. You rested your forehead back against the book, not wishing to move or get caught again in the corridors after hours, a part of you just said for you to sleep here, but by now you were cold and aching for your bed.

Gingerly you got up and took your books with you, you sneaked out of the library and down the hallways, going as quickly as possible. Thankfully you discovered no hiding teachers and got back to your dorm safely. You thanked your quietness and slipped into the dorm and got into bed with your clothes still on, not bothering to get undressed and immediately falling asleep.

You woke and looked around, your heart skipped a beat in worry, were you late for lessons? You breathed a sigh of relief as you saw a few of your dorm mates waking up and checking the clock you could see it was early. Although you wished for more sleep, you got up and went to the hall early so you could wake yourself up from the late night you had again.

It was odd walking around when it was early, not many people walked around yet the sun illuminated the halls. Going downstairs and into the hall, you took a bench and took some coffee which would help wake you up. Looking around the hall there were few students and teachers. It was quiet and calming, being able to eat without bullies or stress.

Around you the hall started to fill up with people, bringing noise and stress. You had an hour until your first lesson and you wished to go outside and sit on the grass, although part of you wanted to revise more. Slowly you got up and swung the bag around your shoulders, the bag was full of books and hit a Gryffindor. Immediately you were pushed to the ground, the 7th year looking angrily down at you.

"You pushed me on purpose you idiot" the guy snapped.

"No I didn't" you said, trying to get up and away from the situation. The boy pressed his foot into your stomach, making sure you could not get up and he pressed, making you stop breathing. You stared up in fear of this guy as others looked on or laughed.

"Bishop" a man snapped. The groups' faces snapped around to see the touring figure of Snape. "Get your disgusting foot off (y/n)" Immediately the boy let go and took a step back, spluttering excuses that it wasn't his fault and that you had fallen. Snape put his hand up to stop him. "I saw the entire scene, Bishop. 20 points from Gryffindor and detention with Hagrid tonight" Snape's voice was harsh and angry, a large scowl on his face.

"But sir" another said.

"And another 20 points for you Brown and detention with our friend." Snape drawled, a smirk forming.

The group shut their mouths and quickly went away, leaving a quiet hall and you still on the ground. Severus' eyes moved to you and frowned. "Up" he demanded, "And come with me".You got up and followed Snape confused, you had done nothing yet you were being escorted from the hall as you had stepped on someone's stomach.

Snape stopped in a dark hallway and turned to you. "How many times do they hurt you?" was his question, this took you as a shock.

"Um" you stuttered.

"Do spit it out (y/n), I do not have all day" he said,

"More when we were younger, but I learnt how to avoid them" you explained.

Snape nodded. "I will make sure that they receive their just punishment," Severus said.

"oh, thanks" You said, feeling awkward as your professor stood before you, his eyes slightly glazed like he was thinking of a past event. You shrugged, "I will see you at third period then" you muttered, walking away. Severus nodded, being snapped out of his trance and quickly heading in the opposite direction to get outside. You needed some fresh air after everything that had happened. You wondered what Snape was thinking about, maybe he was also bullied in school which wasn't that surprising but you felt bad for him, wondering what happened and if it turned him into what he was today.

You walked out into the sun and walked a little way before flopping down against a tree on the grass. You closed your eyes, trying to relax a little before starting revision, today had already been too much and you just wished for your bed and to sleep everything off. You forced your eyes open and opened your bag, taking out your revision materials and flicking through it until you came to the page. "Rat tonic" you said aloud. "Why do we need to know how to make a potion to cure rats" you muttered.

You spent your time reading up on how to make it for Snape's class and then reading extra material about Chameleon Ghouls and Inferi. It was nice revising outside, the cool breeze slightly blowing the edges of the pages and your hair. You checked the time and slowly put your things back in your bag, it was ten minutes until potions. You felt slightly awkward to go because of what happened this morning, however, you forced yourself to get up and out of the warm sun and into the cold potions classroom.