Chapter Four || His Personal Problem

"You owe me an explanation."

Heisenberg only rolled his eyes, refusing to make eye contact as he took a puff from his cigar.

Y/N huffed in annoyance, glaring at Heisenberg from where he was sitting on the couch. "I just almost got killed by your fucking Frankenstein knockoffs, I think you owe me an explanation."

"I don't owe you a damn thing. You're the one who put yourself in danger." Heisenberg growled. He blew smoke in Y/N's face, then turned away. "And they aren't knockoffs. They're my own creations. I made the blueprints, I made the adjustments, they are mine."

Y/N coughed when he accidentally breathed it in. "Then tell me about them, since you're obviously quite proud." He retorted, waving smoke away from his eyes.

Heisenberg's lip twitched, as if he were about to go off on Y/N. There was no need, however.
Y/N had already piqued his interest. He loved talking about himself and his soldats, so why refuse? Annoyed that the tactic had worked, he reluctantly turned back. "What else is there to know? They're undead soldiers who I've attached mechanical parts to in order to make them stronger."

"Okay, smartass, but why do you need them? Seems like you're the only person keeping this place running."

"You really want to know, Y/N? Oh I'll tell you." Heisenberg sneered. "That bitch Miranda has forced us to serve her for decades. She calls us her children, pah! She turned us into fucking monsters." He threw his hands up as he began pacing. "Since I seem to be the only one with a brain around here, I've taken it upon myself to build an army to take Miranda down."

Y/N raised a brow, obviously intrigued. "Does she know about this?"

"No, and she never will until it's too late." Heisenberg stared at his cigar, watching as it slowly burned down to his fingertips. He cast it aside and chuckled softly to himself.

Y/N, having been slouched on the couch the entire time, slowly pushed himself up despite his side begging him not to. His gaze softened a bit. "What did she do to you?" He asked gently, almost afraid of what the answer would be, not to mention how Heisenberg would react.

Heisenberg slowly curled his hand into a fist. His expression became taut, presumably with anger. "Did you think I was just... born with these powers?" With the flick of his hand, several coins and various scraps obediently approached him as if they were tied to invisible strings. "No. Mother Miranda stole me from my family. She experimented on me like I was her personal lab rat. She used me. I was a child. A child!" He seethed through his teeth. His arm flung sideways. The scraps struck the wall with dull thuds, now lodged in the drywall.

Y/N flinched at the loud noise. The pain from his side was quickly forgotten as he stared with wide eyes.

"She deserves to die for what she's done." Heisenberg's voice now trembled with emotion. He drew in a sharp breath and shakily exhaled. "She took everything away from me. And what did I get? I got powers I didn't even want and this fucking factory!" His voice made the entire room shake with rage. His breaths were heavy and uneven as he struggled to contain himself. "This was supposed to be my family's factory... I bet they're rolling in their damn graves, knowing what I've done to the place. Goddamnit..."

"Look, I'm sorry, buddy-"

"Don't call me that!" Heisenberg slammed his hand down on the arm of the couch, looming over Y/N with a piercing glare that practically burned through his glasses.

Y/N swallowed thickly. Heisenberg was so close to his face that he could practically feel his hot breath on his skin. His heart started pounding wildly  against his ribcage. He couldn't control the raging blush that spread across his face like a wildfire. This was almost too close for comfort.

Heisenberg's anger quickly subsided once he noticed something was up. He seemed to have his own moment of fleeting panic before he abruptly pulled away.

Y/N could finally breathe again. His mind was absolutely racing at this point. This crazy, metal-wielding freak made him feel things he had never felt before, especially for another man (Hehe *gay panic*).

***

That night, after a few hours of endless tossing and turning, a nightmare ultimately startled Y/N awake. He sat up in bed, drenched in a cold sweat. The nightmare had been so vivid, it almost seemed real. Then again, he was living in his own nightmare by residing in the village that Mother Miranda watched over. Behind the steel walls of Heisenberg's factory, however, he was safe.

For now.

Seeing that he wouldn't be falling asleep anytime soon, Y/N decided to get out of bed. He felt around for the pair of jeans he had tossed on the floor and quickly pulled them on. He needed to take his mind off of things.

Moonlight filtered through the seams between the wooden boards that covered the window. Y/N wondered if he could dislodge one, just to catch a glimpse of the outside world. If it was anything like the creepy forest that surrounded the village, he was better off leaving the window boarded up. Maybe things would be different.

The board he picked was already coming loose before he had even touched it. All it took was one tug and the board was dislodged. Y/N quietly set it down on the floor and peered through the opening that was created. It was dark, obviously, so he couldn't see much besides fields of grass, scattered piles of scrap metal, and a barbed wire fence in the distance. He had been hoping to see something more interesting.

"Not much of a view, huh?"

Y/N yelped out of pure fear and whirled around. He came face to face with none other than Heisenberg, who was casually leaning against the door frame like he hadn't just been watching Y/N without him knowing.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Y/N demanded straight away, rattled by the lord's sudden appearance.

How long had he been there?