Chapter 3

I took my dad's credit card and walked out the house. He owes me, he's barely ever around. I looked up the street and saw Hayes and Ashley walking down. Oh my fucking God, I don't think anyone would understand how bad I wanted to punch them in the throat. I started to walk past and Hayes grabbed my hand. "Give us a minute Ashley." He blew a kiss at her. She walked ahead smiling. "What is it?! I have things to do." I said angrily. "Could you please stop being so MEAN?! Gosh, did I do something to you?!" He practically yelled. I laughed. "Gee I don't know, why don't you ask Ashley." He looked back at her confused and I began walking. He's so oblivious "No Jenn wait!" He grabbed me once again. "Hayes I want to go shopping so could you maybe just let me go?" I sighed. "I'm coming with you." He looked determined. "No no you have company, I'm fine all alone." "I was just going to let her borrow my homework book for a class we have together." "Oh" I sighed knowing he wasn't gonna let me leave unless he was with me. "Fine, I'll wait out here." "No you can come inside, I don't trust you'll still be here when I come out." I didn't talk I just walked to his house ahead of the two. We walked inside and Nash ran up and hugged me. Which took me by surprise since we met once for like a minute. But I hugged back anyways. It felt nice because today has just been so stressful. "Ya know, I already see you as family, Hayes talks about you all the time." Nash said. "Is that so?" I smiled looking down I felt my cheeks turning red. "Yeah, we should hangout sometime, he says you're fun to be around." He smiled. "Yeah I guess I'm just a goof ball, but we should definitely hangout." "Here, take my number 203-304-2207" I gave him my number in return. Ashley looked a bit angry, maybe she wants Nash too. She's kind of a whore, and I'm not saying this to be mean or because of jealousy it's because it's the absolute truth. All she talks about is all types of different guys and sex with them over and over. Its annoying. And its not cute to constantly be sleeping with different guys. We only ever talk in lunch and I'm glad because I couldn't deal with her a whole day to be honest. "Okay you ready Jenn?" Hayes said coming down the stairs. "Uhh yeah" I said. "Here you go, I couldn't find it that's why I took so long." He said to Ashley handing her the book. "Its fine umm thanks, could you walk me home? I'm scared to walk alone." She smirked. Oh my... That is.. She.. I can't with this girl it's only 4 in the damn afternoon. What the fuck is she scared of. Its still bright as hell out. Hayes looked at me. "Yeah, me and Hayes can walk you home." I said smiling and hers faded. "You two had plans didn't you? I wouldn't wanna hold you up its fine." She smiled but I knew she was mad as hell. "Ohhhhhhhhhhh no no, it's fine hun, psh hold us up? No way." I smirked. "Bye nashyyyy" I said and kissed his cheek "Bye Jennyyyy" he mimicked my tone smiling and kissed my cheek too. I walked out the door and they followed.

**

The whole way to her house me and Hayes were talking and laughing. I could tell she was jealous. As soon as we got there Ashley held out her arms and Hayes hugged her. I turned myself to face the opposite way TRYING TO CONTAIN MYSELF. When I faced them Ashley looked up and kissed him. The BITCH KISSED HIM. And he's.. he's kissing her back. Feels like somebody just punched me directly on my chest. He slightly pushed her away. "I have to go" He said. "See you tomorrow Hayes" She said smiling like she'd just won a competition and walked inside her house. Bitch.

**

I was quiet the whole way to the mall. I wasn't angry, I was just sad. "So uhh you and her are a thing now?" I asked. "No, I didn't even know she was going to do that." He said. "Oh" I paused. "Do you like her?" "No, I don't. Well now Idk" "Oh" I looked away tears threatening to spill from my eyes. "But I honestly just want to know what's up with you today. Are you okay?" He looked concerned. "No Hayes, I'm not okay. I've never been and I never will be." I whispered and sadly smiled. "Is it me? Did I do something?" He asked. "No no, it's not you. It was never you. The problem was always me." I looked down. "No don't say that" He stopped to face me he placed his hands on either side of my face. "How could you be a 'Problem'? You're perfect." He smiled. I knew he meant that. Just not in the way I wanted. "So are you." I said. He hugged me. And even though it didn't really mean the same to him. I still needed it. I felt safe and warm in his arms I never want him to let go.