Chapter 2

"Jennifer hurry up!" Hayes yelled from downstairs. "I'm almost done gosh!" I yelled back. Saturday came so fast. We decided to go to the carnival. Hayes looked up smiling as I reached the bottom of the steps. "You look beautiful" He said, giving me butterflies. "you don't look too bad yourself " I replied winking . When we got to the carnival two boys waved and called Hayes name. "Crap I didn't know they'd be here" Hayes said. "Who are they?" I asked. 'The one wearing the Nashty T-shirt is Cameron & The one wearing the Cameron Dallas T-shirt is my brother Nash. They're best friends can you tell?" He chuckled. "Yeah I can tell. We should probably go over there since they look like wild chickens waving for you to come over" I laughed. He laughed too. "Hi, I'm Jennifer" I said waving & Smiling at them. "I'm nash" he smiled. "I'm cam" he held out his hand smiling. "Look at Hayes all grown up! Why didn't you tell us about your girlfriend" Nash said wiggling his eyebrows. "WTF is wrong with you Nash She isn't my girlfriend! Don't start this shit you two idiots!" Hayes yelled walking away. He turned around staring at me waiting for me to follow him. For some reason it bothered me that he snapped just because they thought I was his girlfriend. Does Hayes think Im ugly?! But he called me beautiful earlier. He probably just felt bad for me. Maybe he's one of those "I'm too cute for her" boys. Or maybe I'm too short. Not smart enough. Maybe because I'm not skinny enough. Why am I even worried about it? It's not like I like him or anything. I think. We walked around quietly for a little while. "Sorry about that back there" He said. "It's okay. But why'd you get so mad?" I asked. "Because... " he paused. "Its okay if you think I'm ugly or something Hayes you can just say it! I'm used to it anyways" I spoke loudly. "It's n-" he began but I cut him off. "See you Monday Hayes" I smiled. And walked away.

Hayes P.O.V

What just happened? I didn't mean to hurt her feelings but for some reason Im stuck here. I want to follow after her but I can't. The truth is I wanted the day to just be me and her. And when Cameron and Nash see me with girls they automatically assume things. Then they start saying things that embarrass me. & Normally I wouldn't care but with her it's different I mean I don't like her... I think. Is it possible to like someone that fast?

Jennifer's P.O.V

I went straight upstairs into my room. Ugh what am I supposed to do on Monday when I see Hayes. . Talk to him? Ignore him? My thoughts were interupted when I heard the doorbell. I opened the door... I think the real question is what am I supposed to do with him now? Yes Hayes is at my door. "Uhhh yes? Did you leave something here? Or" I asked politely. "No Jenn, I want to know what was that about? Back at the carnival..." he said. "You tell me" I crossed my arms. "Do you seriously think I that I think you're ugly?" he asked. "Yeah, don't act like you don't" I rolled my eyes. "That's the thing Jenn I don't!" he yelled. "Ok then why did you react that way Huh?! As if you were embarrassed by me or something?! " I yelled back. "OKAY YOU WANNA KNOW WHY?! BECAUSE I WANTED THE DAY TO BE PERFECT JUST ME AND YOU! BUT THOSE TWO ALWAYS EMBARRASS ME! I DIDNT WANT YOU TO THINK SOMETHING ELSE OF ME BECAUSE THEY LIKE TO MAKE SHIT UP! NORMALLY I WOULDN'T EVEN CARE BUT... " He paused. Was he gonna tell me he likes me? "But you're a great friend" He said. Why did I feel disappointed? Maybe because... I like him. As a friend, and way too much more then that. I just realized how much I really like him and it sucks. Really fucking sucks. He just put me in the friend zone. "You're a great friend too Hayes. Don't worry I won't think anything of you. I won't let those two or anyone breakup our friendship. We're best friends remember?" I smiled a fake ass smile. "I uh have to clean up so I'll text you later." I said. He smiled then walked away.

Hayes P.O.V

Why did I feel disappointed? I mean now it's really clear she doesn't like me she called me her best friend. I just been friend zoned and that sucks for some reason. Maybe because.. I like her way more then a friend. Way more then I've ever liked a girl. Shittttt I friend zoned her too!! Well, she doesn't like me anyways. How is it possible to like someone In such little time? Doesn't matter because I plan on finding someone else.

Jennifer's P.O.V

The weekend passed so quickly. I really don't want to go to school. I think I'm gonna just pretend I dont feel good and tell my mom to pick me up early. Or skip, either way is fine with me.

**

Hayes kept on trying to talk but I kinda keep shutting him down. We were now walking to lunch in an uncomfortable very awkward silence. "What's your problem?" Hayes asked. "I'm sorry I just... Don't feel to good." "Oh sorry" he said. We sat at our table and he winked at Ashely. "Hey Beautiful" he said. "what's up sexy?" she smirked. They continued to flirt and I was ready to punch both of them in the face! Half way through the lunch I got up and walked away. I heard them call my name but I just kept walking out the door. How hasn't he realized my feelings for him?! And why is there this little stabbing pain in my chest? It's time for me to get over him. I went into fifth period early and Hayes was the second one there. "Why'd you leave?" he asked. "Because I felt like it." I said rolling my eyes. "Gosh, whats with the attitude?" he asked. I just laughed, he's so clueless. We didn't talk the whole class period. The bell rung. "Well see ya tomorrow!" I said fake smiling. "Uhhhhhh but school isn't over." he said. "For me it is silly boy! I'm leaving bye bye now" I smirked walking away. Hmmmm I think I'm going to do a little shopping.

AN

Hey I just decided to upload a quick chapter. I'm gonna work on the third chapter asap. It'll be much longer. Please vote!