Diagon Ally Dragons

A/N: How often can you say the chapter title in a row, huh?

The next day when Harriet got down to breakfast her godfather and his husband were already sitting there more or less comfortably. Remus was sitting comfortably. Sirius seemed to be having some difficulty. So he was the Alpha female after all!

Harriet grinned.

"Morning!" She said loudly. Both guys flinched slightly. She giggled and sat down to eat. Medusa stole some stuff off of her plate. Mostly the bacon. It was always the bacon.

"So, Harriet," she hissed, "exited for the next school year?"

"Uh, yeah...Why?"

"Your list just arrived." the snake stated as Hedwig dropped a couple of envelopes into Harriet's lap. One almost hit her cereal.

Harriet tore the one with the Hogwarts emblem open first and looked at her booklist.

It consisted of:
-Intermediate Transfiguration
-The Essential Defence Against the Dark Arts by Arsenius Jigger
-Wizard Law and Order: the abridged series by Esmeralda Kingston and Harry Worldsworth
-The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 4 by Miranda Goshawk
-The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection
-Numerology and Grammatica (if attending Arithmancy)
-Home Life and Social Habits of British Muggles by Wilhelm Wigworthy (if attending Muggle Studies)
-Spellman's Syllabary (if attending Study of Ancient Runes)
-Ghosts and Ghouls by Hillary Clarke (if attending Ghoul studies)
-Magica Mystica by Gordon Dragonmire (If attending magical theory)
-The Anciente Magyk Theorem (if attending ancient studies)

Fourth years will require dress robes for a special event to take place throughout the year.

Sirius looked over her shoulder.

"I still don't get why you're taking Muggle Studies and divination." he stated wrinkling his nose.

"Divination is the only class I can fall asleep in without getting into any trouble and Muggle Studies is easy and a good way to keep up with modern technology and TV shows." Harriet said shrugging.

"Those are good points." Sirius said nodding, despite having no idea how a television worked.

"So, Diagon Ally today?" Remus asked casually, from behind the paper.

"We were going to go anyway," Sirius shrugged.

"We were?" Harriet asked.

Sirius smiled innocently. Harriet narrowed her eyes. "What?"

He shrugged, obviously keeping something from her.

"What?"

As it turned out they had a suprise for her.

Harriet almost shrieked with excitement as she saw the dragons.

"Theyre so cute!" she exclaimed

"Sure, if a fire breathing lizard is your definition of cute," Sirius muttered under his bresth.

Remus elbowed him in the ribs. "Let her have her fun, darling."

Sirius rolled his eyes and hummed in agreement, leaning into his husbands side. "I suppose."

Remus chuckled and gave him a kiss on the temple.

"Its too late to change anything now. Besides, I do think your to blame."

"Me?"

"Who gave her that stuffed dragon toy when she turned one?"

"Oh, shut it."

"I think they like me!" Harriet cried joyously. One of the dragons seemed very comfortable sitting on her head. Another perched on her shoulder and another seemed content with being cradled in her arms.

Medusa hissed something about not wanting to share her space with a mouth breather and slithered around her bicep instead. The dragon on Harriets shoulder settled down even more with a very smug expression.

"Im Khaleesi!" Harriet grinned.

"Whatever that is," Sirius smiled snapping a picture.

"Its from a muggle story." Remus explained.

"Oh, like a childrens book?"

"Not exactly."

"What is it then?"

"All the characters kill each other and there's dragons and this one girl becomes an assassin of sorts. I haven't read it." Remus admitted.

"Sounds fun."

"I don't know if we should be worried."

"Please," Sirius waved his hand dismissively, "She's fine! It's not like she's planning murder!"

"That's the bare minimum I suppose." Remus sighed, frowning a little.

Sirius hummed and gave him a quick kiss in an attempt to soothe the worry.

"Harriet!" Someone shrieked. Pansy Parkinson raced over and skidded to a halt. "And dragons."

She stared at the reptiles with wide eyes.

"I know!" Harriet said, dreamily, "They're so adorable!"

"Sure..." Pansy said slowly, not taking her eyes off of them. "We saw you from over at the café and my mum said I should ask you and your godfathers to come have lunch with us."

Harriet turned her large, green, puppy-dog eyes on the two men.

"Of course we can," Sirius said, "Just give the dragons back first."

Harriet grinned, "Okay." She walked back to the waiting handler.

"You were right," Sirius told Remus. "She does have the cutest puppy dog eyes."

"I told you."

"I know," Sirius whined, "But now I have to take a step back. My charms are waning in my old age!"

"Don't be dramatic, love, I still love you more than life. Now, come on. We should make sure our cub doesn't make a lunch order she'll regret."

Sirius laughed, clearly remembering the time when Harriet had decided to challenge the phrase, "You can order anything" and had been in bed with food poisoning for three days.

------------
Thoughts, feelings, leave them in the comments or leave a star!

XOXO, Drachma