The End Spurt

The shield shattered.

Like glass.

Everyone looked around confused. What had happened?

Ronald stopped struggling against Fred and George's hold on him. He had gone pale.

Everyone stood frozen as realisation began to sink in.

Cassie recovered first and leaped at the pendant.

She flew back in the next second, hitting a tree.

Crack!

Theo raced over to her with a shout. The others drew their wands.

Out of the mist surrounding the clearing, emerged the only person who could complete the nightmare.

Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore.

With a wave of his wand, he froze the group. All, except Theo and Cassie who were hidden behind a few lucky bushes and trees.

Dumbledore chuckled evilly. He stepped forward and took the pendant. Just. Like. That.

A feeling of dread filled the helpless group of teens. It crept through their veins like an icy river, flooding their minds.

What was going to happen next?

"I wish you luck with the werewolves." With that Dumbledore dissapparated.

"Bloody shit!" Blaise cursed as he heard howling in the distance.

Harriet struggled even more. There had to be a way to break the spell. Wait! Magical Theory!

She took a deep breath and focused. Her magic bubbled up inside her. She focused on creating a sort of sphere in her mind and pushed outwards as hard as she could.

Hitting the grass, she realised it had worked. There was no more time to lose. She pulled out her wand, and set to breaking the others loose.

The howls got louder. Harriet raced over to Theo.

"Come on!" she cried.

"I can't leave her!" he sobbed.

"There's no time!"

"The leave me here!"

"Not a chance!" Pansy snarled. "Imperio!"

"Everyone to a broom and get out out of here," Harriet ordered, like her best friend hadn't just used an unforgivable. Like her best friend hadn't broken a magical vow.

Diggory nodded and kicked off. The howls were growing closer.

"Merlins socks!" shrieked Hermione, "They've caught our scent."

"I thought you said you showered!" Harriet threw at Draco. She was panicking. These wolves were not Remus.

Why hadn't she planned for this? She had planned everything, just not this!

"I did shower!" Draco snapped, clearly freaking out. "Everyone to a broom and let's go!"

"Freeze!" Krum snarled.

Everyone froze. The wolves had found them and were contemplating the group like someone contemplated their dinner options.

"Nobody move a muscle." Harriet whispered to the group. "They'll move on soon. Hopefully!"

Pansy screamed and ran. The wolves bounded after her snarling. The hunt was on.

"Pansy!" Hermione cried and raced after her girlfriend.

"Shit!" Harriet cursed, grabbing a broom and racing after Hermione. Then, over her shoulder, she called, "Leave! I've got this!"

"Meet you at the hut!" Seamus called after her.

He grabbed everything not fixed to the brooms already.

"Let's go, let's go!" he ordered throwing them at the quidditch players and making sure everyone was taken care of before getting on George's broom with Fleur. They shot off in the direction of the hut they'd arrived at through the floo.

Harriet shot through the trees in the direction Pansy had run into, trying to catch up to her and not get caught in the teeth or claws snapping under her.

She spotted Hermione and shot towards her.

"Hermione!" She yelled. "Hand!"

Hermione held one hand up as she ran. Harriet swooped down and picked her up. She took a moment to help her onto the broom before continuing the pursuit of Pansy. The wolves were gaining on her fast.

"Hurry!" Hermione urged, voice pitched high with fear for her girlfriend.

"Pansy!" Harriet shouted when they were close enough.

Pansy looked up and held up both hands for Harriet and Hermione to grab.

As they lifted Pansy into the air, one of the werewolves leaped up and sunk it's teeth into her leg. Pansy screamed and struggled, kicking at it's snout with her other leg. Hermione sent a stinging hex into it's face.

It gave a yelp and plummeted into the pack.

Together, Harriet and Hermione managed to pull Pansy onto the broom between them. Harriet immediately brought the broom around and raced off towards the hut.

They needed to get to the cup.