[22] True Lassitude

When you had gotten back to the city, it was engulfed in pure chaos, a cacophonic orchestra of yelling, gunfire, and explosions. No doubt, the Phantom Troupe was causing disorder for their fallen friend, and you knew if you ran into a Troupe member now, there would be no second chance. Already, you could tell your time would run out in a few more minutes, leaving you open for any attack for the next day or two.

First things first, you needed to see if Gon and Killua had made it out safely. With your phone still in Shalnark's possession, it's not like you could just shoot a quick text. You were lucky enough to remember their phone numbers, though, and so you ducked into the first phone booth you saw.

You called Gon, and thankfully, he picked up.

"This is [Y/n], you two made it out safe, right?"

"[Y/n]-nee-san! Where are you?"

You couldn't see any street signs to give them an intersection. "Ah... Somewhere in the city. I'm not sure. Look, you two head back to the hotel — I'm going to try and meet up with Kurapika."

Gon stayed quiet for a moment, before giving an annoyed huff. "Are all Kurta like this?" He childishly asked. "When you see Kurapika, remind him to call me back!"

Even though the situation was serious, you couldn't help but smile. "Will do. I'll see you later."

With that, you hung up, and then dialed Kurapika's number. You had expected to try him a couple of times before he picked up, and so when he picked up on the first ring, you had stumbled over your words in shock. On his end, you could hear the sounds of yelling and gunfire.

"Kurapika, I—"

You weren't sure what you wanted to say, but Kurapika interrupted you, shouting in the phone loud enough to make your head jerk away.

"[Y/n]?!"

Granted, you were livid with how Kurapika treated you, but.... With your memories back, you felt like he deserved the truth. Swallowing thickly, you forced yourself to speak. "I'm fine. We need to meet though. We can't keep avoiding each other."

Kurapika swore on the other line. "Hotel Beitacle. One hour."

With that said, he hung up, leaving you standing in the phonebooth to process his words.

Hotel Beitacle... I think I remember seeing that hotel in a more ritzy area...

Going there would be a feat within itself, considering you were no more powerful than the average citizen right now. Fighting experience could only get you so far; without nen, you were a sitting duck.

Gently setting the phone back down, you exited the phone booth, pausing to look at your reflection in the glass. God. You knew it had been a rough day for you, but you looked half-dead. Your t-shirt was drenched in your blood with a hole in the middle from when Feitan had torn out your heart, and the rest of your clothes were in similar appearance. Your [h/c] hair was a tangled mess, and your face had a scary pallor from an accumulation of the lack of proper nutrition, rest, and blood loss. If that wasn't enough, you had various cuts and bruises all over your face and body, and your right arm was still dangling uselessly, once again numb.

There was no time to fix yourself up, and so you hoped that Kurapika wouldn't freak out when he saw your appearance.

Ideally, you'd be able to grab a car or motorcycle in the chaos and drive to the hotel, but having only one working arm didn't quite help with that. Additionally, there was no way you'd be able to get a cab right now. As tired as you were, your only option was to keep running and stay vigilant of your surroundings. It'd give you extra time to go over everything you wanted to tell Kurapika, as well.