[27] Powder Anxieties

Your guess had been spot-on: with Bisky's nen ability, she was able to transmute your aura back to normal, replenishing what had been lost. You really couldn't thank your mentor enough — Bisky really was the best.

Stretching your arms above your head, you couldn't help but shoot her a grateful smile. She had booked a hotel for a few days, and that was where the two of you had gone for her to heal your aura.

"So you really did it, huh?"

She was reading a magazine, one of those ones with a bunch of half-naked men in it. Despite the content, she seemed unbothered that you were right there.

You had filled Bisky in on your endeavors into more detail, not that there wasn't much you hadn't had already told her when the two of you met up.

"Yeah," you affirmed, sitting on the edge of her bed. Subconsciously, you raised a hand to your neck to heal whatever bruises you had left, but apparently Bisky had already beaten you to the punch. Not looking up from her magazine, she spoke up before you could heal the remnants of last night.

"I already healed those. Was it that weird ninja?"

You froze. "Uh — huh?"

Looking over at your mentor, you could see the sly smirk on her face as she flipped the magazine page.

"N-NO!" Finally processing the question, you jumped off the bed, your voice cracking from embarrassment. "It wasn't— wasn't Hanzo!"

Bisky chortled, finding amusement. Instead of pressing you on your endeavors, though, she changed the subject, finally closing the magazine to look at you. "So what's your plan now?"

It took a couple moments to regain your composure as you cleared your throat, still clearly mortified that Bisky had brought up what you had hoped she wouldn't notice.

Your plan now...

Momentarily, you had debated on telling Kurapika and the others that you had your nen back and to let you in on the plan, but after Kurapika's show this morning, you weren't too keen on that. Even at your best, Kurapika seemed unlikely to let you put yourself on the front line. He was being overprotective, trying to coddle you when you didn't need it.

You didn't want to really keep a secret from your friends, but if you wanted to do something, you were going to have to. It was the only way you could keep Kurapika from breathing down your neck 24/7.

Even if this meant you had to, once again, go on a solo mission, it did work out in your favor. You knew the entire plan — ideally, you could work from the shadows in helping protect your friends. It would require an insane concentration of in to hide your presence from both the Troupe and your friends, though.

This wasn't to mention that they didn't necessarily need your protection. Those boys were fully capable of protecting themselves.

"I don't know," you relented, sitting back down on the bed. "I hate to admit it, but the others already have a pretty fool-proof plan. If I jump in now, it could ruin it."

Bisky hummed. "So you're just going to stay here in my hotel room?"

That didn't seem ideal, either. You shook your head. "No, I think I'll do my own plan. I need to let the boys handle Chrollo and Pakunoda," you declared. "But I can do something to help the process, just a bit."

Drawing on your own knowledge, you continued to speak your plan aloud. It's not like Bisky would do anything else to help, anyways. "If I were Chrollo, I'd keep to two big groups now that they've lost two members. One group will most likely stay at the hideout, and the other will probably move out to secure the auction goods. In that case, maybe I should..."