[26] Turquoise Meetings

Waking up in just an over-sized t-shirt and underwear, next to Kurapika, was not something you could have ever imagined. Of course, last night was also something you couldn't have ever imagined, but you certainly weren't complaining.

With Kurapika hugging you from behind, you rolled over to face him. He was still asleep — the sun hadn't even risen, and the digital clock on the nightstand behind him read "04:44". You weren't sure how much sleep Kurapika was actually getting, but if he was anything like you, it probably wasn't enough.

You'd let him sleep a bit longer. Besides, he looked so peaceful and almost boyish when asleep, the frown in his eyebrows gone for once. Closing your eyes again, you leaned your forehead on his bare chest and exhaled slowly, smiling.

Just for a few more minutes....

It wasn't a "few more minutes". When you next awoke, the clock read "06:31", and Kurapika was brushing your hair out of your face, gently trying to wake you up. Upon seeing him, you smiled softly, and tried to tug him back down to bed only for him to give you a disapproving look and move away. Your smile dropped.

Way to kill the mood, you supposed.

Sighing, you sat up, stretching your arms above your head to rid them of their current stiffness. Immediately, Kurapika blushed lightly, averting his gaze.

"I... I have to get to work. I still have a job I must uphold."

Oh, that was right. He did work for a mafia family, and so it made sense he needed to leave early; you noticed he was already dressed. Did he, then, wake you up just to tell you goodbye before he left for work? It was such a plain and domestic act that you found your own face heating up again.

"Stay safe, and we'll all meet up at five. Right?"

Kurapika turned back to you with furrowed eyebrows. "You're staying here until I come back. You don't have nen to protect yourself with."

That was enough to rid yourself of the twitterpated feeling in your chest, face dropping into a deadpan as you swung your legs out of bed and stood up. "Is that so? I'm sorry, I didn't realize you could boss me around."

He was treading into dangerous waters again, and had to have known this, but he still continued on. "I'm serious, [Y/n]. You've done enough."

You gave him an incredulous look. "Do you think you can make me stay here?" Your voice was challenging, and you refused to waver as you locked eyes with Kurapika, your jaw set.

After a moment, he huffed, scowling. "We'll talk about this later, just stay here until I get back."

"Kurapika, I swear to—"

Cutting you off, he turned and walked out of the hotel room, the door shutting before you could even finish your sentence. In disbelief, you sat down, trying to wrap your head around what just happened.

Did he really think that he could just boss you around?! You may have gave yourself to him last night, but that didn't mean he had permission to do whatever he pleased!

In aggravation, you raked your hands through your hair and tried to take a deep breath, calming yourself down. Just when you felt as if you made progress with him, he seemed to throw it out the window. Men. How infuriating. Kurapika had to be delusional if he thought for a second you were going to stay in this hotel room all day.

Standing up again, you made your way to the bathroom, grabbing your clothes along the way so you could get dressed. It didn't take you long to get ready, but you soon encountered a different problem once you were dressed and looking in the mirror.