Kettle Whistles

Warning: gwenvid shit 😚

~

  "Yeah, um, I'm afraid we haven't heard from their family since two years ago." Said the social worker.

David and Gwen sighed. They had just persuaded the receptionist to share special client's information just to receive nothing, They even claimed to be detectives. They were angry, tired, and exhausted.

"And what had happened two years ago?" Gwen asked.

"I have had calls about their son, about the possibility of him living in a neglected home. His school faculty says he comes to school by walking, starving, sometimes has bruises scattered around his body, and has bad behaviors. And then well, that was the last time we heard of them After that no one had called about them again."

"So you think the family is fine now? After two years they just stopped?"

"We assumed, yes." The social worker replied.

"Who was the social worker who even dealt with this anyway?" Gwen thought.

"What do you know about the family since then?" David asked.

"All we know is that the family had started a business that got big, moved to a big house, and moved their child to a private school. That's it." Said the man.

"Where do they live now?" Gwen asked.

The social worker paused. "I'm afraid this will have to be dismissed. Have a good night." He seemed rather angry when she had asked him.
Gwen and David looked at each other. They didn't feel like starting another argument with another worker.  They left the building and headed to their car. The sun had went down and it was dark, only the stars lit up the sky.

David and Gwen sat in their seats. "Don't you think that was kinda weird? How he just kicked us out. It's almost like they're maybe.. hiding something from us."

"I agree." David replied.

"Literally, it seems like no one takes us seriously." Gwen added.

David nodded, looking down. He just wished Max was safe and sound. "Look David, it's getting late, we should get some rest." Gwen insisted.

"No."

"David I'm tired, and I know you are too. Please let's just find Max tomorrow-"

"No." David said, rather more aggressive then before.

"David! Look, let's just wake up early and-"

"No Gwen! He could be in trouble right now we can't waste anymore time!" David yelled, using his keys turning on the car.

"We're gonna find a place to sleep." Gwen demanded, glaring at him.

"We can't risk it! He needs us now!" David shouted at Gwen. He refuses to sleep, while Gwen is worried that he needs it.

"Yes David I know, but you need to sleep! Stop resisting!" She shouted back.

David knew she was right. He sighed and stayed silent, he left the parking lot and went down the street. Arguments like these between them aren't new. They didn't think they'd need to be having another one since Camp Campbell shut down, they have always had arguments there.

"Where do we even go? To a hotel?" David asked.

"We can just stop in front of a small neighborhood with big houses and sleep in the car."

"Wouldn't we get caught?" David worried.

"Nah, I do that allll the time. Never get caught. They really just don't care." Gwen said