Thoughts

im back bitches.

Autumn arrived, his second favorite season. Summer being his first so he can meet new children and make them his favorite kids in the world, teach about nature, kindness, teach them life lessons and bring happiness, even if they don't wanna be there. Autumn is his second because it gave him a chance to reflect upon the summer before, while also witness the beautiful change of colors. Brown and orange leaves fell by the window of his room. He watched as he sat on the edge of his bed as Gwen inspected his scar on his side, lifting up his light blue button up shirt with long sleeves that he rolled back. She had took the bandage off for the very last time, "Well.. it's completely healed. You don't need these anymore." She said with a smile, throwing away the bandage. David smiled. His scar was a now about a year old, he'll never forget the impact it had in him.

He stood up and tucked in the side of his shirt, while sharing a small kiss with Gwen. They were smiling, although nervous inside. They have a trial to go to later that day, where they'll see all the faces and remember what happened that night. They haven't seen them since, not even Max. After what happened that night, his mother was sent to jail. His father was taken by ambulance, but passed away while heading to the hospital, due to the blood loss and severely unstable health caused by drugs and alcohol. Max was taken away from his home of course, he had to be kept away until trials, though it took about a year until it happened. He was taken by CPS and was forced to be placed in foster care, he refused to stay with relatives. Gwen and David would have gladly taken him in, although they were not licensed foster carers. They were uncertain if adoption was the right option either, they wanted to only take temporary care for him and leave it up to him if he would want to stay or not. Finally, after months of recovering and postponing sessions due to Camp Campbell, he managed to go through a training program. Gwen was asked to be his partner in the training process along with caring for Max, she gladly accepted. It took a couple of months, but it was now their last month before they could officially take care for Max. He couldn't go to Camp Campbell that year, where his friends were disappointed to not see him there. David and Gwen were still counselors that summer, but David was seen more as the co-counselor as he was still recovering and couldn't participate in much activities. It was rather a hard summer for David, he couldn't do the things he loved most and was also devastated about Max, especially since he's gone there for multiple summers before already.

David stood in front of his mirror to check his outfit and make sure it was appropriate for the occasion. Although he was happy to see Max in a couple of hours, he was nervous of what was going to happen. He took a deep breath and looked down to fix the bottom of his sleeves.

"You look great David, Rather handsome." Gwen said, pointing his chin back up and giving a small peck on his cheek. He smiled at her, "And you look stunning as always." Gwen laughed, "C'mon, let's go." She lead him out of the room. They went to go grab their things and left the house. David inhaled the fresh autumn air before they got into the car and left, starting their long drive.

They thought about that night and wanted to talk about it again so bad, they haven't in months. After that night, David was rushed to the hospital with Gwen by his side. He spent nights in the hospital. He had to get surgery, where they closed up his wound. Max was left behind, ambulance stayed with him and treated his burns, cuts, and bruises from his parents and answered questions by police. He witnessed his mother getting arrested, giving a look at Max as she got in the police car. He saw his father get rushed to the hospital as his mother watched from out the window of the police car. The boy looked down, taking in what happened, what he thought he caused.

"Gwen..? What do you think Max has been up to since then?" David asked.

~