Ch-5: Settling In

KEZIA TISDOR

************

************

Kia and Camilla whisked her away to a room where she could have only dreamed of entering. Upon her arrival, the few Nobles who were roaming out looked curiously at her. They tried to approach her, seeing Kia's smiling face, but Camilla's glare made them walk the other way.

Only one brave soul dared to venture near them. She had yet to change out of her uniform or she had night classes. And that white uniform itself was a big giveaway. And the two purple stripes on her sleeve said she was in her third year. Her black hair was pinned by a simple clip, and her vibrant green eyes held a smile.

"Who is this?" she asked, walking with them.

Kia's smile widened. "She... she is Kezia Tisdor."

That Noble's eyes widened. "Kezia? Isn't she the human-"

Kia hit her on her arm while Camilla led Kezia to her room. The two girls walked behind them, whispering what happened that night, but her ears were sharp enough to catch what they were speaking about.

The Noble paused her steps when Camilla opened her room doors. Two noble Astras came out of their room. Out of the two, the shorter girl asked, "Cami! Why are you bringing a human?"

"Did you sniff her or what?" Kia asked incredulously.

That female blushed in embarrassment. "I heard the whispering. From out."

Coldness penetrated Kia's eyes for a second that even had Camilla take a step back. No matter how amicable she appeared, Kiarae was a princess from a strong bloodline. In the eyes of Astras, Saryns were probably third after Sadens, the ruling family of Astere and Ilirines, the ruling family of Haelnal.

Kia took a step towards the noble, who flinched. "There will no longer be any whisperings, understood?" she said softly.

It was like an arrow through her heart. Even Jay, who loved her dearly, knew her capabilities and never shielded her. Even Vukan, who promised to protect her, never had the situation, too. Being protected was a warm feeling. And to know that this princess would actually stand up for her was amazing and amusing.

If Kezia had been alone, she would have allowed them all to talk. After all, all they could do was to talk.

Exchanging looks with each other, the two girls left for their respective rooms. And for that moment, the hallways were extremely silent.

The Zoran whistled. "That went well." Then she smiled at Kezia. "I never got to introduce myself. I am Diane Frida from Eringir."

She nodded. She had vaguely guessed who this lady was, but it was confirmed now. Out of the five Marquis Eringir had, Diane's family might hold the highest power as of now.

Camilla opened her room and led her in while the other two invited themselves over. Camilla rolled her eyes at them, but never stopped them.

The two girls sat on the unoccupied bed while Camila went over to light the two lamps in her room. Did she light it for her? Kezia stood near the door awkwardly. What was she supposed to do now? Move-in here? Not to mention, her clothes had blood stains.