19

She stared at Tobirama blankly.

I'm getting Romeo and Juliet vibes and I don't like it. There's an entire play dedicated to why That's a Bad Idea™.

"I don't know." She said. "Most Uchiha don't react well to loved ones dying no matter how real."

"My other suggestion was knifing your elders in their sleep."

Izuna frowned thoughtfully.

"We should ask Madara-niisan for help."

He quirked a brow.

Izuna gave him a look.

"No knifing people. It's rude."

"Rude." He repeated. "You're a kunoichi and you think it's rude."

"Yeah? I wouldn't run up to you and go: Hi Tobirama-kun—STAB!"

"Very rude." He said dryly.

"Exactly!"

::

"Where have you been?" Tajima crossed his arms.

"Sorry, I'm late. I got struck by lightning and then had an entire conversation with myself about the meaning of my existence."

Tajima's eye twitched.

"You—-regardless, the elders wish to meet with both you and your brother. Go."

"Uwah! But——!"

"Go on." Tajima nudged. "Madara is already there. Izuna."

Tajima was serious.

Izuna straightened.

"Of course, father." She said bowing, then headed immediately to the Hall of Elders.

She entered the hall with a loud bang to Madara's relief, interrupting one of the elders. Madara seemed to find no joy listening to the endless ramblings of the elders why the Uchiha were superior and how they were going to destroy the Senju. Really it was strange, almost as though he thought this entire affair was a waste of time.

Izuna scoffed inwardly.

It is a waste of time.

But Izuna had always been a favourite of the elders for her obedience.

Obedience wasn't surrender.

She wasn't going to surrender her freedom.

Not this time.

"So you've finally deemed us worthy of your presence." A low voice drawled.

"Honourable Elders, if I thought you unworthy of my presence I wouldn't be standing here." Izuna huffed. "Regardless, I am here and I bring my sincerest apologies for being late. I had a Senju matter to settle."

Madara's eyes narrowed as he began to examine her for wounds. There were none. He squinted, since when are there streaks of silver in her hair?

"You're a daughter of the Uchiha clan grown sixteen summers." Said Elder Kanata. "Which means the day of your deflowering will soon be upon us."

Madara stiffened.

"Perhaps so." Izuna agreed. "But not without first finding this daughter a suitable husband. I cannot be greater than my husband."

"No." Said Uchiha Miyano, the mother of Uzumaki Mio. "And your strength is better suited for the battlefield than the bedroom, I think."

Izuna did not laugh though there was a smile in her eyes. Miyano was the most open minded of the elders. She was also the only woman on the counsel in the place of her dead husband.