27

"So that's what happened." Izuna said softly. "I'm sorry, Tobirama-kun."

"I am too." He said and shook his head. "I didn't mean to bother you. You're on a mission and—mmph?"

Izuna smooshed his cheeks together.

"I will always have time for you if you really need me." Izuna told him solemnly. "And if not, I will make time for you."

She kissed his nose.

Her hands trailed down to his shoulders.

"I really love you, you know..." Izuna said with a smile.

Tobirama hummed and melted into her arms.

She combed her hand through his hair.

A soft purr rumbled from him.

Rrrrrrrrrrr...

Again? Izuna thought in amusement.

"S—sorry," Tobirama choked, still purring. "I—-rrrrrrrrr——I really can't stop. I'm trying."

Izuna kissed his cheek.

"It's cute." She told him. "You're like a cat. Are you still under the genjutsu?"

"No." He shook his head.

"You have a chakra hypersensitivity right?" Izuna hypothesized. "So maybe you're already in tuned with their nature chakra. They did say that Sages take on the traits of their summons."

"That could be it." Tobirama said. "It's odd. I'm not in Sage mode and I'm already..."

He flushed as another purr escaped him.

"But you've been exposed to a constant source of nature chakra. They're all Sages right? And you're a sensor. You've been around cats for how many days now?"

He stared at her.

"I'm turning into a cat."

Izuna giggled at his deadpanned expression.

"I don't mind your catlike mannerisms but if you did turn into a literal cat I think we'd have some problems." Izuna joked.

"What. You wouldn't love me as a cat?" Tobirama teased.

"I'd love Tobirama-kun in any form he takes." Izuna said. "Though, I like Tobirama-kun the way he already is the best."

Tobirama looked at her with fondness in his eyes.

"I love you." He told her.

She flushed several shades of red.

"A—ah... hn."

Izuna perked as Tobirama tensed.

"That's Madara-niisan." She exclaimed. "He wasn't supposed to arrive for a couple more days..."

She blinked, slowly turning towards Tobirama.

"Run." She told him.

"I was never here." Agreed Tobirama.

"Yes, and I'm just Madara-nii's innocent little sister. No boys at all."

"Boys?" Tobirama teased. "Should I be worried?"

"You know what I mean." Izuna smiled nervously. "Now go before Madara-nii sets you on fire like he did—-uh, nevermind."

He was gone.

Izuna sighed.

"I forgot something."

She jolted as Tobirama's kissed her, his hands roaming through her hair. He hummed happily when she reciprocated, then vanished in a flash of silver.