II : They Left

Grian jumped and looked around. "Oh my gosh Quackity you scared me.." grian sighed and chuckled. "Sorry, what are you doing out here?" Quackity sat down next to Grian. Rain was dropping down from both of their faces. "I'm just.. chilling I guess" Grian answered and looked at his wet hands.

"Okay, can I chill with you for a few seconds?" Quackity smiled and wiped the rain from his face. "You can stay for minutes if you'd like." Grian said, returning the smile. Quackity sighed and layed his head on Grian's shoulder. "You're stressed out, aren't you?" Grian asked with a tone of understanding in his voice. "Yea.." Quackity mumbled.

"Understandable.. I bet working in a casino must be pure stress.." Grian said, putting his hand around Quackity's waist, pulling him closer.
(a/n : this is all meant in a friendship way 😳...... Well maybe.. jk jk!-.. Unless?) After a few minutes, Quackity stood up. He grabbed the coat he brought and put it around Grian's shoulders.

"Alright, I have to go. Goodbye Grian." Quackity smiled and ran towards the city. Grian was shivering, so he stood up shortly after Quackity left. He started walking towards the hotel and up to his room. When he arrived, he noticed that he was still wearing Quackity's coat.

"I'll give it back to him tomorrow.." Grian thought and put it away. He sneezed and layed down in his bed, immediately falling asleep to the loud version of 'Sex Sells' playing in the club across the street.

- -
Tomorrow morning
- -

⚠︎ TW : Panic/Anxiety attack ⚠︎

Grian woke up to.. Nothing. Nothing at all. There wasn't any knocking or loud music. It was weird for him. He got ready and walked down into the lobby. There was no one. He walked outside, no one. He approached the casino and listened for voices inside, nothing.

He panicked. He had to deal with anxiety in the past so he usually would know how to deal with it. Now?, he didn't. There was no X to hug him and let him cry, there was no Mumbo who would tell him about Redstone to calm him down, no Iskall to go grab sand with..

"5 things I can see. 4 things I can touch. 3 things I can hear. 2 things I can smell. 1 thing I can taste." Grian sat down and sighed. "My hands.. Trees.. My pants.. Sand.. Water.. Uhm.. Grass.. Trees.. Sand.. Water.. Uhh.. The loud music.. The clicking of the led lights.. The waves.. Oh.. The hotel breakfast.. The salty water.. Uhh.. The oxeye daisy.."

⚠︎ End of TW⚠︎

He repeated that until he was sort of calm again. "Maybe they just left for a business trip or something.." Grian reassured himself that they were fine. "Maybe they left me a note that I didn't see!" Grian said, full of hope, storming up to his hotel room

"YES." He screamed. Picked up the note and read it out loud. "Hey Grian, don't freak out, we're just on a business trip. - Yea I already freaked out though.. - we'll be back tomorrow night. You wouldn't mind taking care of the place while we're gone, right? Don't worry! No customers or anything! - Quackity."

He let out a sigh of relief and sat on his bed playing with his sorta long hair. He was bored. Thoughts of where they were and why they were there were cycling through his mind. After a few minutes, he went down to the lobby. He started investigating the lobby, since he was bored.

The only thing he found, was a bunch of random magazines and some coins laying here and there. "Tomorrow night.. What do I do until then??" Grian asked himself. He walked outside and looked around. There was water, sand and water. "I should go visit my friends! Tell them that I'm fine.." he said and smiled at the idea.

He started swimming towards home. After a few hours, the island was finally in sight. He saw a worried Xisuma and Mumbo walking around the beach. He swam even quicker, since he just wanted to hug them. Mumbo was the first to notice him and started crying.

"Mumbo!! X!!" Grian screamed and they all ended up in a big group hug. "Where were you??" Mumbo asked, still not letting go. "I was at Las Nevadas.. That's a little city over there." he pointed the way he came from.

Mumbo let go and looked at Grian. "You're staying there, right?" Grian slowly nodded. "That's okay. We're gonna come visit you, okay?" X said, wiping his tears away. "Yes! Of course! I would love it if you visited every now and then!" Grian smiled. "I'll have to get back now though.. Or else I'll be late to.. Nothing actually but I don't wanna swim in the dark." Grian said hugging them both one last time.

Mumbo and X waved and Grian started to swim back. After a few hours he arrived back at Las Nevadas. He immediately went up to his hotel room and changed into dry clothes. He then went down into the club and the casino to check if everything was alright.

He saw a person standing in the club. "Hello? I'm sorry, but the club's closed for today and tomorrow." Grian said slowly getting ready for a fight. The person turned and revealed a tall brown haired male, with a white steak in his hair. "I'll have to ask you to leave." Grian said, now more focused on the situation. The male approached him and looked him directly in the eyes.

Grian - understandably - backed up a little, still holding eye contact with the male. "So you're new here?" The male's voice was raspy, making him sound like a guy who'd smoke 10 cigarettes a day. "Yes. And you'll have to leave now please." Grian said looking at the male. "Mmm, what if I say 'No'?" He asked in a sarcastic tone. "Uh uhm.. I-I'll have to fight you.." Grian stuttered unsure of what to say.

The male laughed and grabbed Grian's hand dragging him along. "Hey! Let me go!" Grian started to slightly panic. The male only laughed and let him go. "Oh wow I'm so scared." he said sarcastically and left. Grian stood there. Confused and scared at the same time. "What.. Just happened...?"

a/n : Oho let's go! Slow updates? Quick updates! Lmao. Hope you like the second chapter!! Take care and stay hydrated!
- Bulb ♡