Chapter 18

Lloyd froze in his tracks. His thoughts whirled. After a moment's hesitation, he turned around again. "What?"

Wu stalked closer to him. "Kai," he repeated. "The sword... his wound..."

Lloyd staggered backward, eyes rounded. "No..."

"The pain..." Wu went on. "The tension... his anxiety..." He paused. "Ring any bells?"

Lloyd let out a soft gasp. "A-are you saying that I... I wounded Kai?" he breathed.

Wu leaned back and crossed his arms, raising an eyebrow. "The dots are finally being connected," he murmured.

Lloyd looked down and took a few heavy breaths as Garmadon went over to them. When Lloyd lifted his head again, his face was hardened.

"I don't believe you," he stated.

Garmadon let out a short sigh. "Lloyd, you can't just—"

"I don't believe you!" Lloyd snarled.

Garmadon flinched at his angry tone. "Listen to me, Lloyd—"

"No, you listen!" Lloyd shouted. His eyes blazed. "You said you cared about me, but then you accuse me of attacking my own family? Are you saying I seem like a person who would do that?"

"Now, Lloyd," Wu murmured. "Calm down."

Lloyd turned his furious gaze to him. "How could you say a thing like that?" he roared. "I would never hurt my family! Never!" Exploding with fury, Lloyd gave a groan of frustration and shoved Wu to the ground.

Garmadon's eyes widened. "Lloyd—"

Hissing, Lloyd turned and lunged at his father, barreling him to the ground. Garmadon gasped as the ninja swung enraged blows at him as the two rolled around. Garmadon managed to dodge most of them.

He tried to heave his son off of him, but the strength of his anger was too powerful. His heart pounded as he struggled to break apart from the green ninja.

Lloyd struck his fist at the sensei's face. Garmadon jerked, dazed as the blow hit him. Senses clouded, he didn't notice Lloyd lifting his fist for another blow until it was too late. Garmadon moaned with pain as he felt another strike at his face. His body jerked again, then he went limp.

"Lloyd!" a voice shouted. "What are you doing?"

Garmadon felt the weight lift off him. His vision was blurry and he felt blood drip down his face. What just happened?

Lloyd whipped around to see Jay, Cole, Zane, and Nya enter the room. Panting with anger, he gazed at all the people staring at him with horror.

Nya crouched beside Garmadon, who was rubbing his head. The others were clearly befuddled as they observed the scene.

Lloyd shook his head to clear his thoughts. For a moment, horror weighed down on him as he realized what he had done. Then, glancing at everyone's suspicious looks, his frustration returned. "Why can't everyone just leave me alone?" he growled.

The ninja stumbled away as Lloyd pushed his way through the crowd. He halted as Jay stopped him from leaving the room. Lloyd's muscles tensed as his furious gaze fell on the blue ninja.

Fear glittered in Jay's eyes, and he staggered backward as Lloyd darted past him and into the hall.

Everyone turned to Wu when he was gone.

"Sensei, what happened?" Cole inquired.

Wu shook his head. "I'm not too sure," he admitted. "Lloyd just got so angry, and before I knew it he was grappling with his father."