CHAPTER 4: | LOOKING FOR A TREE |

Lorena was walking through one neighborhood when she spotted a house that she liked

Lorena was walking through one neighborhood when she spotted a house that she liked. She walked up the stairs and knocked. A woman in her mid-forties opened a door.

"If you're selling something we are not interested." A woman said as soon as she saw her. She tried to close the door but Lorena stopped her.

"Actually I'm interested in buying this house." Lorena told her.

"It's not for sale." The woman replied, again wanting to close the door but Lorena was holding her hand on the door so she couldn't close them because Lorena was stronger than her.

Lorena looked deep into her eyes, "Invite me in." she compelled her and she couldn't do anything but obey.

Lorena walked into the house seeing a man in the living room watching TV.

"Who was that, honey?" He asked his wife when he heard her closing the door.

"Someone you'll regret inviting in." Lorena spoke, then she compelled the woman again to be quiet and sit next to her husband.

"Who are you?" A man asked as he turned around to take a look at Lorena.

"A very hungry vampire." Lorena replied dangerously before she flashed towards him when she saw that he wanted to stand up, Lorena pushed him back on the couch. She leaned closer towards him, "I do like when you humans scream and beg for mercy, but this is going to be quick, so stay quiet." she compelled him too.

Lorena sat in between them and first turned towards the woman. She moved the hair from her neck and leaned closer. Lorena dragged her lips up her neck until she found the place where her heartbeat pounded the strongest. The woman flinched as Lorena bit into her and began to suck. When the pulse disappeared Lorena retracted her fangs and moved over to her husband.

When both of them were dead Lorena walked around the house to check it out and see what she needed to change, she walked outside to the backyard seeing a big pool. Suddenly her phone started ringing and she smiled when she saw that Kol was calling her.

"Hey, Kol." Lorena answered and sat down.

"Hello darling, just wanted to check if you're still alive." Kol said.

Lorena chuckled, "Yes, I am. I just moved into a new house. It has a pool in the backyard, perfect for throwing parties."

"So I guess it didn't go well with my brother?" Kol asked.

Lorena sighed, "He almost bit me, Kol. I can't even describe the anger that radiated from him."

"Well, it's a good thing he didn't bite you." Kol replied.

"He didn't only because Bekah was there to stop him." Lorena told him.

"He would have healed you, he cares too much to let you die." Kol said, "If he didn't care he wouldn't be so affected by you and me sleeping together."