CHAPTER 7: | I STILL CARE |

Klaus ordered his hybrid Tyler to help Lorena pack and come to the mansion before Rebekah, Klaus and she leave Mystic Falls. Lorena walked into the mansion, Tyler following right behind her with suitcases in his hands.

"Put them right there." Lorena ordered him, pointing at another room.

Tyler rolled his eyes, but nodded and did as he's told.

"Nik, your stupid hybrid is constantly rolling his eyes at me." Lorena shouted.

"If you didn't notice, Klaus is a hybrid too." Tyler said in a mocking way.

Lorena crossed her arms over her chest and raised her eyebrow, "Your point?" When he didn't reply she told him, "You have more suitcases in the car, better go get them."

She walked into the room where Klaus was packing up things while talking with Rebekah.

"He's stuck at the school without a daylight ring, but as soon as night falls he'll come after us. We need to leave now." Lorena heard Rebekah telling him.

"Who's stuck at the school?" Lorena asked as she stopped beside her.

"Alaric, our mother made him into a vampire and he has an indestructible white oak stake that can't kill him, but he will use it against us." Rebekah quickly informed her.

"Rebekah is right, we should leave immediately." Lorena told Klaus.

Klaus stared at the two of them for a second, "Fine. I'll collect Elena, we'll be on our way."

"Forget Elena!" Rebekah said getting angry, "You don't need any more stupid hybrids!"

"What I need is protection from Esther's continued assaults against us." Klaus explained.

"We'll protect each other like we always have. Always and forever, Nik." Rebekah tried to convince her brother.

"I'm not leaving without her." Klaus said stubbornly.

"Well, we're leaving now. You can either walk out that door with us or you are on your own." Rebekah told him, and Lorena nodded in agreement. Klaus looked at both of them but said nothing, "Fine. Trust your hybrids over your family. Let your spite be the death of you, see if I care." with those words Rebekah walked out of the room.

"You don't need an army Klaus, you've got me and Rebekah." Lorena told him, hoping he would change his mind.

"You don't understand. I want to make an army." Klaus said sternly.

"Okay, as you wish. I'm not going to argue with you." Lorena told him before she walked out of the room, she saw Tyler in the foyer and told him, "Change of plans, we're leaving now. Bring my suitcases back into the car."

"Seriously?" Tyler replied with annoyance in his voice.

Klaus exited the room and stared at him for a moment before saying, "Do as you're told. And don't roll your eyes at her." Lorena turned towards Klaus with a smile and he held out his hand, "Come here love." He pulled Lorena towards him and hugged her, kissing her hair, "I'll join you as soon as I can."

"Just be careful, please." Lorena told him before pulling away.

"Always, love." Klaus said before Lorena walked outside where she saw Rebekah leaning against her car and waiting for her.

・ • ・ • ・

When the two of them got into a car and Lorena started driving away, the first thing Rebekah did was to call Elijah and tell him about everything that's happening.