Kidnapped by a Psychopath- Chapter 19

AMBER RAIN:

"Better to have an enemy who slaps you in the face than a friend who stabs you in the back"

After the sentence brushed past Caden's lips Shadow smiled. Smiled?

His teeth flashed brightly however the smile wasn't paired with joyful eyes; his eyes were holding a concerning intensity to them, he looked malicious. He looked like he was ready to tear Matteo limb from limb.

In an instant Shadow was gone. The door slammed behind him, leaving Caden and I in silence.

Enzo was staring at the computer intensely. He had his eyes narrowed and was scratching his chin. The screen was paused on when Matteo left my bedroom. The man was frozen in frame, his face twisted.

He killed a young girl.

"Enzo," Caden's voice boomed, breaking the silence and Enzo's focused attention. "Place an order out gathering the men to the backyard. I want each one lined up in 5 minutes."

Caden's eyes were fixated on mine. He never broke contact as he gave the demand.

"Yes, boss." Enzo firmly replied as he stood up. He placed a finger against his ear piece and began barking out Italian words. The words fading off as he left the area through the same door Shadow used.

I rubbed my arm nervously, pulling at the light hairs. I was looking down at the ground, too nervous to make eye contact but I was practically sweating under Caden's burning gaze.

"Did you happen to make contact with Matteo at any point in your time here?" Caden spoke.

I stopped moving and looked up. "Uh, yes. Yes I did." I responded, my voice shaking with each word. "R-right before the body was found I was down stairs looking for Chiara and he kind of. . ."

I began to trail off remembering my short encounter with the greasy man. He had been vile and treated me as if I was a prostitute.

"Kind of what." Caden said, his words slow as if he was trying to remain collected.

"He told me he'd tell me where she was if I. . .uh wrapped my mouth around his. . .thing."

The man's eyes darkened. His eyebrows narrowed, perfectly capturing the anger boiling beneath his skin.

"That was your only interaction with him?"

"Yes, sir." Sir? Did I really let that one slip?

A lifeless chuckle sounded out. His face shifting slightly to one of amusement. He was enraged still but my words broke his demeanor up a little.

He stepped close to me and brought his large hand up to my face. His head cocked to the side and his finger pads brushed over my lips. The breath left my lungs as he lightly pinched my bottom lip. My eyes flickered up and down, bouncing between his wrist and eyes but I was too stunned to move.

"There's only one thing this pretty little mouth will ever be wrapped around, Rain." He said, the words almost sounding like a threat. A strange feeling pooled deep in my stomach, something stronger than I have felt in a long time. "Comprendere?"