Kidnapped by a Psychopath- Chapter 12

Play the song on the side for an even better experience!

Here's a view into both of their minds during this scene :)

Poop is about to hit the fan, babies. Enjoy >:)

YALL THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE CHAPTERS!!!

CADEN MORETTI:

"What defines us is how well we rise up after taking a fall into uncharted darkness"

There she lay. Her long brown curls sprawled out across the crumbling dirt. Her eyelids were fluttered shut and her head was angled towards the left, exposing her long neck covered in little gnats gnawing on her exposed, bleeding flesh. Long gashes sliced her olive-toned cheeks and her throat. The huge shirt she supported was baggy over her arms and twisted around her torso. Her gray sweats were almost black, matching her dirty feet.

I leaned over her small frame and observed her carefully. Even though I caught her when she fell from the towering height, her fear mixed with the overload of adrenaline must've over-exhausted her body and rendered her unconscious. It wasn't anything drastic, I've faced situations that've put me in her position countless times.

I wasn't shocked to where she ran to first. Shadow gave me the full report of how she managed to steal my fucking van and almost drive it past the gates. She had keenly taken in the landscape layout for a few moments.

To say, the whole thing really pissed me off but surprisingly I was impressed with her. I could see she wasn't brought up to be shit scared. She had the fucking balls to resist and actually fend off Shadow with violence, something of which I've never heard of.

I'm positive Shadow would've killed her if it hadn't specifically stated the no kill rule when I assigned him to kidnap her. Shadow didn't make it obvious but his pride was wounded by the girl.

She made it pretty far into my game. She was out in my woods for close to thirty minutes before I found her. Honestly, she didn't make it a real challenge. I could hear her ragged breaths from yards away. But, when she snapped that branch I knew she'd panic. Interrupted silence can trigger our deepest fears.

She fell straight into my trap.

Her chest was moving up and down rapidly, slowing down every few moments. And I couldn't help but admire her silently at her charisma from attempting to climb over the gate.

I leaned closer, brushing a stray strand of her brown curls off her bloody cheek. I then whispered the words that I knew -if she wasn't pretending- would surely pull her out of this state.

"Game over."

AMBER RAIN:

My breathing hitched audibly. Caden notably had some unresolved issues with either I or my family. But, to treat me as a hunting target was just despicable. So far he has starved me out, threatened me countless times, attacked me, and made me cry more than I ever had in such a short time span.

And, I knew he was going to kill me when he was done.

My eyes slowly opened up to face the haunting, dark skies. Clouds, lighter than the background they lay against, swirled, curved, and twisted around the stars and sunk out of my view into the tall, trapping trees.