04

In the Previous Chapter:

"Okey no need for panic, alright let's prepare in a traditional manner. Alright Mr. Zhongli you are in charge of giving Rex Lapis a proper farewell ok. Good"

Hu Tao just started mumbling something that could not understand, so I silently left her do her mumbling thing. As I went to do mine, but I heard that someone is cause trouble.

A one of the Fatui agent came over to me and said that Childe wanted to meet up at Liuli Pavilion, as he wanted to introduce someone to me. I was suspicious for a while for Childe intention as the Fatui left after they send their message, but decided not to dwell in the manner of thought.

As I silently but gracefully went towards Liuli Pavilion and order some tea. I silently drank my tea in a graceful and elegant manner. As I waited to do my part of the plot.

Now

━━━☛ 𝒲𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒰𝓅 𝒜𝓈 𝒵𝒽𝑜𝓃𝑔𝓁𝒾 ☚━━━

In Liyue, Sea of Clouds Liyue Harbor

Zhongli POV

As I was sitting their silently relaxing and thinking up the list needed for 'Rex Lapis' proper funeral or farewell. I waited for Childe to show up.

For an hour of waiting, Childe finally shown themselves with someone else who looks like a FemBoy and a floating child. Childe looks at me sheepishly, but when he turns and looks at the FemBoy he looks calculative it was well hidden too.

"Allow me to introduce Mr. Zhongli, consultant to an organization known as Wangsheng... and a trusted associate of the Fatui." Childe said.

"Associate of the Fatui?" The FemBoy ask.

"And we, the Fatui, have always been glad to do business with friends who walk in the shadows." Childe answered.

"W–Walk in the shadows?" Paimon said a bit shock, but was ignored.

"Mr. Zhongli this is Aether the famous traveller. And Paimon"

"It is an honor to meet you. I have heard tell of you from Mondstadt" I said.

"Discretion... shadows... Ah! Is Wangsheng some kind of business involving... "dealing" with people?" Paimon said a bit terrified.

"Indeed, it is as you have guessed." I said as my eyes close for a moment before opening them.

"Ahh—!" Paimon looks like her soul was about to leave.

"The Wangsheng Funeral Parlor organizes burials. We ensure that those who pass on do so in peace." I explain.

"Eh?" Paimon looks confused.

"Haha, did you think he was some sort of hired killer?The Fatui calls many such people friends, but the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor does no dabble in such business... well, ostensibly. Well, they are still— Ah, I shouldn't say too much. In any case, I brought you to meet Mr. Zhongli because..."

"Because I can bring you to see Rex Lapis' vessel." I said as I guess what they already wanted.

"What!?" Paimon looks at me in shock.

"Ha, don't be so surprised. Sure, the Geo Archon's body has been squirreled away by order of the Tianquan Ningguang... but first, let's hear what Mr. Zhongli has to say, shall we?" Childe just gives me a cheeky smile as a sip some tea.