5

Papa smiled. He tucked you into bed on that cold night. I love papa, you thought. He whispered goodnight and you fell asleep. That was also the last time you saw him.

Miss Hu Tao was organizing books when you walked in. She turned around to greet you, then continued her work. You had just been talking to the client, when you went looking for Miss Hu Tao.

"Miss Hu Tao? What are we going to do about all this? Don't ghosts seem far fetched?" You ask.

"First of all, drop the Miss. second of all, ghost are very real. I assure you of that much."

You leave the room, and go looking for Chongyun. You call out his name a few time with no response. You begin walking around through the fields, over the bridges, towards the waterfall. You look around when suddenly a group of treasure hoarders notice you. You're about to run away again, but you remember what Chongyun told you. You pull out your pyro explosion polerarm and begin throwing slashes at them left and right. Suddenly you forget that you stored too much energy in and throw the polerarm away and it creates an explosion that makes the ground shake. You watch as it begins to cool down and you grab it again. As you throw the final blow, you hear a voice call out to you.

"Y/n? Is that you?" They call.

You shiver at the sound of their voice and turn around slowly. Him. It's him. ITS HIM. You face turns blank and you skin goes cold. Youxu. He looked different since you last saw him, but he definitely still had the same disgusting personality. What was he doing at the village? He worked as a millelith, so why was he here?

"Hey y/n! How have you been? Still the same as ever?" He snarled.

"Shut up. It's your fault I'm like this. ITS ALL YOUR FAULT!!" You scream.

Someone pats you shoulder.

It's Chongyun.