Side Story 2

"Huh. It's sunny today. Hasn't been like this in a while." You say, as you open the window looking outside.

"Well since it's sunny what do you say we go on a road trip?" Chongyun asks.

"Where?"

"The beach!"

"The... beach...?"

You've never been to the beach, but you always figured it was nothing special. It was basically just tiny rocks on a big area of water.

"Uh, ok." You agreed, trying to please Chongyun.

~~~

Somehow going to the beach ended up a whole group of you, Chongyun, Xingqiu, and your recent friend, Xiangling. She was obsessed with cooking, and she was an amazing cook.

She probably came to cook on the beach.

Xingqiu probably came to read in the sun and get a tan.

And Chongyun... came for fun.

Seemed like it was gonna be a fun day.

~~~

"Y/n! I made some meat rolls wrapped in sticky slime condensate mixed with jueyun chili's! Wanna try it?!" Xiangling asked.

"Uh, no tha-"

Xiangling grabs the meat roll and shoved it in you mouth.

It's definitely a strange combo, but doesn't taste half bad.

"Xiangling, your gonna choke y/n," Xingqiu sighed.

"Oh! Sorry y/n! I just got a little excited! But do you like it?!" She asked, stars shining in her eyes.

"It's good. Can I have a plate of a few so I can give some to Chongyun?"

"Sure thing! Coming right up!"

~~~

You walk over to where Chongyun is sitting on a rock, his feet sitting in the water.

"What's up?" You ask.

"Nothing much. Just relaxing I suppose."

"Here. Xiangling made these, so I brought you some. I'm not even going to bother explaining what she made but here, try some." You start to feed him.

"OOOH~~"

You turn around and see Xingqiu and Xiangling giving you two a look and smirking.

"I-I was just trying to-"

"Y/n you sly dog!" Xingqiu comments.

"Shut up Xingqiu! Xiangling stop giving me that look!" Your face flushes up.

"Gosh, get a room you two!" Xiangling jokes, patting your shoulder.

"Guys, stop. Your making Y/n all embarrassed." Chongyun says, grabbing your arm.

He pulls you into the water and you both start playing in the water. Xiangling and Xingqiu join in too.

~~~

A few hours go by, and Xingqiu and Xiangling are fast asleep on a blanket. You and Chongyun are sitting together on a rock.

"Today was fun."

"It was. Seeing you all embarrassed was adorable."

"Hey! Don't bring that up again! That was my worst moment yet!"

"No moment you create could possibly be bad."

"Quit being Mr. Smooth will ya!"

"Haha, ok."

"You ok Chongyun? You seem off."

"Yeah. I just keep stressing about what will make you happier. I'm worried I'm not making you happy."

You give him the most confused look. He's so weird sometimes. Does he not see it?

"Being with you makes me happy. That's all I need."

"WAIT REALLY?!" He shouts.

"Shhh. You'll wake them. And yes. Jeez, your such a dork sometimes." You laugh.

"Hey! Am not!"

"But that's why I like you."

~~~

End of Side Story 2~