12

Maybe things could have been different.

Maybe, just maybe, papa would still be alive.

Maybe you could protect everyone.

Maybe you could be happy with the person you love.

But, those were all just maybes.

~~~

"Even if you stop me, what will you do then? You know what happened when you cross me." Youxu smirked, preparing his battle stance.

"Maybe I won't do anything. But regardless, I need to stop you. I want everything to end here, and now."
You respond.

"No." A voice echos.

You both turn around and see Chongyun standing, untied from his rope.

"Hiya!" Another voice calls.

Xingqiu is standing behind Chongyun and waves.

"I could feel the energy that Chongyun was in trouble, so I went looking for him. I've been waiting till the two of you woke up so I could untie you both in secret. Guess you freed yourself before I had the chance to!" Xingqiu chuckled.

"Who the hell are you?!" Youxu snarled.

"I am Xingqiu. The son and heir of the gugua clan. And my friend here, Chongyun, is here to kick your ass."

Suddenly out of nowhere cryo Spears became crashing down on Youxu. He managed to dodge them, but still got a few scratches.

"You guys, I'm so sorry, this is all my fault and-" You say, when suddenly:

Chongyun kisses you, stopping your sentence.

"It's ok." He reassures.

You start tearing up when suddenly a blade meet your face. You're sent flying, taking in all that's happening. Am I going to die? You think.

Xingqiu catches you midair and places you down on a rock.

"Leave it to us. We'll protect you." He smiles.

Chongyun and Youxu begin throwing swords left and right, Xingqiu leaving hydro sneak attacks from behind. You want to help, but worried about getting in the way.

When suddenly, Xingqiu falls to the ground.

There's a pool of blood surrounding him.

And not long after, Chongyun is joined by that pool of blood.

"Hehe, seems like even 2 against 1 wasn't enough." Youxu says, turning to you.

You grab you blade.

"Maybe they couldn't beat you, but I will." You say.

It's time to use the forbidden technique:

Pyro Breath: Silent Exorcism.