Chapter 3

Hope's POV:

I went home. I couldn't do this. Seeing that face made me wanna faint. Memories. The bad memories just came rushing through my head. Sammy probably doesn't even remember. I was so stupid! Still am but at least I think before I do.

When I got home of course my parents were out. School should be over in like 2 hours. I kept thinking about Sammy. I was literally sobbing with make up running down my face. Ugh I'm a mess. Shit. I should've told nate. I need to stop. I need to stop thinking. I curled up in a ball on my couch and just drifted off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~

*knock* *knock*

My eyes slowly opened and I glanced at the clock. 3:40. School just ended. Someone kept on knocking at the door.

"GO AWAY! No one is here! And if there is they don't want to talk to you!" I screamed.

I heard a groan. It's nate. I can tell. I heard the door unlocking, shit he has a spare key. I just realized I had dry mascara on my cheeks. I quickly ran into the kitchen and tried getting as much makeup off as possible.

"Hope?"

"Yeah?" my voice cracked. He walked into the kitchen.

"What happened Hope? Why are you crying"

"What? I'm not crying? I just felt sick that's why I came home." Even I smelled bullshit. I'm terrible at lying.

He grabbed my wrist and led me to the couch. He placed me on his lap.

"Yes you were. There's makeup on your face." He said while rubbing some make up off with his thumb as he stared into my eyes. "Please. Just tell me what happened. I want to help you."
I sighed.

"I- I haven't told you everything" I can hear my self getting choked up. He just rubbed my back.

"Well start" he said

"Ok nate. A few months ago... I was tired. I was tired of being miserable and just wanted to have fun. I wanted to stop being me for one night... So I went to a house party at Taylor Caniff's house-"

"What? Hope! That's no place for you!"

"I know nate! I was stupid! I just wanted to live and be free! Anyways... I was just dancing. Then some guy came from behind me and we started.... Grinding." It was so embarrassing telling him this.

"He led me upstairs forcefully, I tried to leave but I couldn't, he was too strong. He pushed me against the wall like really hard. And I cried, yelling 'HELP! HELP!' But no one did. The music was too loud! He started kissing my neck and unzipping my dress. I took all the strength I had and pushed him. I said I didn't want to do it.... And he punched me. He pushed me to the ground and stared beating me up. I was drunk, but not drunk enough to forget. I was all beaten up, but he still raped me!" I said while bawling.

Nate was crying. I've never seen him cry.

"A- are you serious. Someone touched you? They hurt you?" His voice was cracking as tears streamed down his face.

"Ready for the grand finale? I ran out today because when I saw sammys face. I realized... It was him"

Nate's face went from sad to angry.

"You've got to be kidding me! IM GONNA FUCKING KILL HIM!" He yelled.

"No nate! He was drunk!"

"I don't care! Hope! He beat you up! And then raped you! That disgusting bastard. He's gonna pay. I'm going to beat the shit out of him"

"Nate he probably doesn't even remember. I dont wanna ruin your friendship! It's my fault! I shouldn't have been there."

"It's no where near your fault! You had no control over the situation and our friendship means so much more to me than mine and his." He was so red. I stared into his wet eyes as I sat on his lap.

"I-I'm sorry. I love you so much. So fucking much. I can't believe this happened to you." He cried.

"I love you too nate. You're my world you're the only thing I have. I love you."

He took his hand and placed it on my cheek. His soft lips pushed against mine passionately. And then he pulled away