E I G H T

Devin's POV

I didn't actually get my ass beaten up. This is new. Well Y/N was hungry so we decided to get lunch. All this time she's been here I haven't done what I'm supposed to do. Just been with her or learning her how to sword fight, get her out of bad decisions and situations. She's small but that anger she has. It's scary.

"Food, the best thing." Y/N said

"Yeah." I said while eating

And then a girl come up to us

"Hi I'm Wendy Darling, I saw you to here so I wanted to say hi." She said

"Oh hi, I'm Devin and this is Y/N." I said with a questionable face

Then Peter came up to us and started babbling about Wendy and how amazing she is. It became annoying since me and Y/N just wanted to eat in peace.
After like what seemed for ever Peter and Wendy walked away

"Oh god she was so annoying." Y/N said annoyed

"Like I wanted to eat in peace and then they come up to us and start talking about her and how amazing she is, she seems sweet but the vibe was of you know?" She said

"Yeah, same here" I said

I decided to pick her up since she was about to walk away, and that's how our days are. We run on the island and she testing to claim she's faster, me mocking her or someone destroying our peace while we eat. It's fun being with her.

How does she think that she's faster than me, I'm like a head taller and I got long legs. Like I win easy compared to her. She maybe have won one time EVER. Now she claims she's the best.

The funniest thing is to goof off while there's a campfire. We dance or resting to a log while she's in my arms.

My life's been different since she come here, I have someone to be with all day long.

And while we were resting on a log cuddling, my arms around her waist. It was all peace and then Wendy come to us.

"Hi Y/N, Devin. Could I talk alone to Y/N for a second?"

Y/N was close to fall asleep and a bit annoyed because it's hard for her to sleep and she almost fall asleep. "Can we talk tomorrow? I really wanna sleep"

"Yeah of course we can" Wendy said a little bit sad and went back to Peter who was using his flute.

"You really just do t wanted to talk to her?"

"Yeah, she gets on my nerves and I don't wanna leave you"

"Aww you don't wanna leave me, I don't wanna leave you too."

"I- no I'm just tired"

"No you care about me, how sweet"

"Oh shut up Devin"

Y/N POV

ugh why did I say that I do t wanna leave his side, almost like I care about him. I mean of course I do but he's my best friend, nothing more. Or I don't know. I've never felt like this toward someone.

Devin POV

Well I decided to Cary her to our hut so she could sleep where no one were dancing and shouting.

"Well your going to sleep"

"Yeah yeah, can you carry me? I'm to tired"

"Already tough of that" I said while picking her up.

I placed her in the bed and said "I'm gonna go back to talk to Felix, goodnight"

"Okay, goodnight"