Prologue

Your POV

"Please don't stay out too long, Y/n. I can't stop worrying about you wherever you go out now," My mom had pleaded to me before I walked out the door.

Two months ago, I had woken up from an almost six year coma. When I woken up though, the doctor's said it's like I never missed a day in life.

When I saw things I shouldn't have known since I didn't finish high school, I already knew it all perfectly. That is, knowledge up until the end of second year.

It's okay though, because I learned it all and continued onto enrolling in college to become a writer.

The doctor's said there might've been a spark in my brain and that I'd never be the same Y/n I was before.

I remember seeing my mom cry and cry, yet she still seemed to love my the same. At least, I thought she loved me the same.

The only big difference I've seen from me waking up is that I don't really remember how life was like before my coma. And now, there's certain things I despise and love so much in the world.

For one, I have this love towards volleyball. Since I've woken up, I've seen about 20 games, whether it's a recorded one or an in person match.

But then again, there's things I hate. Photography is one of them. Cats as well. I can't stand cats for some reason, same thing with the beach.

When I came home to my house cat, I didn't want to touch it. I felt bad for the poor thing, though. He always wanted to be pet by me and sleep on my bed.

My mom had said, "why don't you love Mūn anymore? You used to love him so much."

I couldn't blame her. Something had to be different after six years. My hair had gotten duller, I got thinner, and most of all, my whole personality flipped.

It must've been so hard on my mom. Raising a daughter for fifteen, almost sixteen years, and she comes back a completely different kind.

That's why I take these walks now, to escape home.

For some reason, I felt like needing to go to the train station so I went.

When I got there, I saw a lanyard on the floor with some keys on it. I picked it up and walked around, asking the front desk first and then walking around asking if it belonged to anyone.

No one said it was theirs. No one at all. Then, I heard someone call out to me.

When I turned, the sight of their face made me want to burst out into tears. I didn't even know why, I had never seen this man in my life, yet here I am. I was on the brink of tears spilling out for no reason, and all because this guy just wanted his set of keys back.

He seemed so familiar though. My heart ached so much and all I could want to do is hug him.

He asked if I was the one with his keys. Of course, who else would've lost their keys today?

"Yeah, you should maybe hold onto those. It'd be a smart idea to always keep them at your side! If not, you might get locked out of your house and cars. Trust me, it's happened before to me and it was terrible."

"Oh, thank- you.."

"Um, if you don't mind me asking... you look kind of familiar. What's your-"

"You're... Y/n."

"Yes... my name is Y/n L/n. Who are you, if you don't mind me asking."

"You.. forgot me? Wait, wait. How are you here right now? You're... supposed to be dead right now. No, I'm hallucinating. Thank you for my keys. Um... if you don't mind me asking, are you from Canada?"

"No, I've always been from London. I moved here when I was five."

"Oh. I've got the wrong person then. I'll be on my way."

"Wait! You actually seem familiar.. oh, you're a volleyball player, right? Suna Rintarō?"

"Yeah, that's me.."

"Wow.. I can't believe it! Well, here's your keys. Good luck on your next game! And um... yeah. Goodbye."

I didn't want to say goodbye.

"Yeah, goodbye Y/n" he had said.

Don't go.

But I had already gone and I let him go.