Chapter 2

'Fanclubs'
Well hello! Excuse me while I asdfghjklufvbdssdfhj over Jem, Jace, Magnus and Alec! Without further ado, enjoy!

While Clary was drawing Jem, Jace was haunting the corridors. He was very annoyed with the silver boy for interrupting him. Of course, little silver would pay for that. Now wasn't the moment to dwell on it. He just hoped Jem wasn't trying anything on his Clary. He slammed his door shut behind him. Clary would understand he wanted her and she'd realize she wanted him. A light knock on his door shook him from his thoughts. It sounded like Clary's knock.

"Come in!" He called hopefully.

To his disappointment it was the brown haired girl from London. Tessa.

"What do you want?" He growled.

"I heard your door slam. I wondered what had happened." She said shyly.

"Your little friend Carstairs happened." Jace explained sullenly.

To his surprise, Tessa frowned. Then a smirk broke onto her face, twisting her features.

"Did he steal your girlfriend?" She mocked.

Strains of violin music reached through the ajar door. He was quite sure it was Silver playing.

"She's not my girlfriend. She broke up with me." Jace sighed and slid down the wall. "It was all my fault."

"Tell me, if you want." Tessa said, kneeling beside him.

+++

Clary was enchanted by Jem's music. She found it so soulful and meaningful. Without realising, she had stood up from the piano stool and was making her way to his figure. He was swaying slightly, eyes shut tight and brows furrowed as if he was picturing something painful and turning that emotion into music. Dodging the bow, she stopped beside him and trailed her hand up his arm, feeling his twitching muscles. His eyes flew open and he lowered the violin. Clary's hands trailed up to his face and she ran her thin fingers over his high cheekbones, his forehead and his lips. His eyelids fluttered shut and he sighed at her touch.

"I'm guessing nowadays people don't court each other anymore." He whispered.

"It's fallen into disuse." Clary told him.

"In that case..." He muttered, before pressing his mouth to hers.
She gasped, as if not expecting to be kissed. His free arm wrapped around her waist and pulled her against him. She felt so small in his arms, fragile almost. But he knew she had fire within her, could see it in her eyes as they sparked whilst drawing, could feel it on her soft lips as they moved against his. She pulled away with a gasp. Her breathing was laboured and uneven.

"Are you okay?" Jem asked, worried.

"I felt a spark. Like fireworks." She panted.

"Is that good or bad?" He asked.

"You-" She kissed him quickly on the nose. "-Tell-" She pecked at the corner of his mouth. "-Me." She finished, finally kissing him full on the lips.
He pushed her against the wall, putting down the violin on the way. Her hands tangled in his hair as he crashed his mouth to hers again and again.

The door was yanked open. Clary and Jem jumped apart. Will was standing there, a wicked grin on his face.

"Seems like you're making friends, Jem!" He teased. He then turned to Clary. "I thought you were with that insufferable blonde."

"Was." She explained. "What'd he do now?"

"He was raving on about how stunningly attractive he is. I mean, I am so much better! Anyway, he kept calling you 'his Clary' and 'his angel', so I assumed-"

"Kill him for me! I am not his! He needs to grow up!" Clary shrieked.

She took out her phone and texted Maia.

Meet you at Taki's in 10. If you're not there I will kill you.

"What's that?" Jem asked.

"A mobile phone. It's used to communicate with people who aren't here, like you would use a letter." She explained. "Now, I'll fetch Alec for you. He'll give you some of his old clothes. They should fit. You two and him will meet me and Isabelle in the hall in ten minutes."

With that she released Jem's hand and ran down the corridor.

"Isabelle!" She shrieked, pounding on the Lightwood girl's door.

Isabelle opened it, a huge grin on her face.

"You could have given me more than ten minutes to get you ready, Clary." She reproached.

"I was busy-"

"Making out with James? By the Angel, Clarissa! You hardly know him."

"How do you know I was...?" The redhead asked, befuddled.

Isabelle simply gave a knowing smile before getting to work on Clary.

Ten minutes later they met Alec, Will and Jem, who looked uncomfortable but very nice in a hoodie and loose jeans.

"You really need to let me buy you some decent clothes, Alec." Isabelle asked her brother.

He simply ignored her and led the way out of the Institute. It was almost dark, the lamps only just turning on. The little group made it's way to the Downworlder haunt. Magnus, Maia and Bat were waiting for them just outside. They entered and took a table by the window.

"Welcome to the 'Jace is an obnoxious asshat' fanclub." Clary said sarcastically.

"Simon would have been a proud chairman..." Isabelle sighed.

"I call dibs for that position!" Magnus chirped in excitedly.

"Magnus!" Alec hissed.

"I was just joking, Alexander."

"Joking apart, I can't stand his possessiveness any more!" Clary whined.

"You could kill him in his sleep." Will suggested.

"Don't joke. I'm that close." She threatened the air.

Kaelie took their orders. When the food arrived, everyone tucked in. For a few long minutes there was only the sound of eating.

+++

Tessa was shocked at how much Clary and Jace had gone through. She felt more sympathy for the girl, but she also pitied him. He had regretted his careless actions, after all. Tessa had stormed out of the room when Jace had got too clingy, claiming she needed to use the restroom. She wanted to find Will and feel comforted, for what was unclear to her. But she needed to feel him close and smell his scent. She found his room empty. Maybe he was in the weapons room. Empty as well. She kept haunting the corridors like a ghost, seeking the one she needed.