Chapter 6

Yemaja was in tears when Immanuel announced his departure. She had spent most of the afternoon running around with him, and although she didn't understand why he had to leave the moment she was ready for bed, she accepted it after a long hug. After some time crying into his shoulder, she finally crawled into bed and slipped under the covers. She was still frowning when Winona tucked her in, but a kiss on the head brought a smile back.

Once her eyes were closed and she was on the brink of a deep slumber, Winona and Immanuel walked out of the bedroom together. He was behind her, watching the sway of her ass with every step she took. When they arrived at the front door, she turned to address him.

"Thank you for today," she said, clasping her hands together in front of her. She couldn't keep them from shaking for whatever reason. "Yemaja had a really good time and seems to like you a lot."

"What about you?" he questioned her. He searched her face. She still looked as beautiful as she did this morning. "Did you have a good time?"

She nodded. "I appreciate you spending the day with her. I haven't been able to give her the time she deserves."

"That's not what I asked." He approached her. Her instinct was to create some distance, but once her back hit the door, there was nowhere for her to run. "Did you have a good time with me today?"

Her brows pulled together. "Why does that matter?"

"Because it'll determine how much I'll be coming around."

"But you hate me."

Unexpectedly, his lips turned up into a smile. Then he cupped her face in his large hand and brought her forward, visually taking in every part of her face. It had been too long since he'd seen her this close. Although there was no physical difference, he could tell the light that was once in her eyes had been stolen from her. "I could never hate you, peach, so don't ever say that again."

She gasped when his thumb moved over her lips. "What are you doing?"

"I should go," he said. He forcibly pulled himself away and dragged a hand over his face. When he looked at her again, she was staring at the floor underneath them, avoiding his gaze. He had to leave for his benefit, but he couldn't bring himself to walk out the door.

After a long moment of just staring at her, he finally said, "I don't want to leave you yet."

She wasn't given any time to react before being pinned against the door. His lips met hers in an instant, and his hand cradled the back of her head while the other groped her ass. He brought her closer, earning a deep moan as his lips moved over her neck. As he suckled on her flesh, her small hand cupped the erection through his jeans, stroking him. She wanted him more than anything in that moment.

"Fuck me," she whispered to him. "Please."

Something in him snapped when he heard her voice in his ear. In an instant, he was breaking away and taking a step back from her. "What did you say?"

She tried to approach him, but he held up a hand to stop her. "Immanuel—"

"Stay right there, peach," he told her, shaking his head. "Or I might do as you say."

She licked her lips and looked down at the bulge in his pants. She couldn't tell if that was a threat or a promise. "What's wrong with that?"

"Everything," he responded. "You deserve more than what you're asking for. No matter how bad things get between us, I won't hurt you."

"You can't hurt me. I want this."

"Winona," he said, clicking his tongue. "I'm saying no."

She flinched. She wasn't expecting that, but she wasn't going to argue. "Okay."