Chapter 14: Ravenous

He stayed there, petting Stiles' fur, not knowing what to do. Stiles' breath was becoming more and more heavy the more time Derek spent with him. But Derek wouldn't do anything to him, he wouldn't.

"Stiles. . . I don't even know if you can understand me, or if you'll remember this, but I can't." Derek said. He pulled back, moving Stiles off of him.

Derek expected Stiles to whine, instead he got the opposite. Stiles roared, refusing to let Derek leave. He snapped his teeth and pushed Derek down to the ground hard. He was becoming violent.

Stiles bent down further, trying to bite Derek, and Derek had to keep two hands on Stiles' throat to keep him from coming closer to his face.

Derek didn't know what to do. What could you do in the situation? Derek could get Stiles off of him easily, but it would require him to hurt Stiles, which he never wanted to do. He also couldn't let Stiles do what he wanted. He was stuck, and had to come up with something quickly.

He shoved Stiles off of him hard, making Stiles slide across the floor before running at Derek. But Derek had already done what he needed to. He shifted.

Derek growled low. Maybe if he showed his authority, he could try to get Stiles to stop. He roared, but Stiles didn't flinch. He lunged at Derek, taking him to the ground.

Upstairs, all the chiefs could hear the growling, roaring, and snapping of teeth.

"We need to do something." Violet said.

"We have weapons, I don't understand why we are sitting here doing nothing!" Richard said.

"You know why! If we use those weapons, we will hurt him. You know the rules."

"I do. And the rules say that we are required to use tranquilizers only until the shifter's second stage. Then, we are to leave him/her alone without touching or harming them unless they pose a threat. Right now, Stiles is a big threat. We have to do something."

Michael sighed. "Arthur, get Deaton." He said, monitoring for one of his men to find the vet.

"Deaton? How the hell is he going to help?" Richard said.

"He knows a hell of a lot more about the animals themselves than we do. I need to find out if we should use tranquilizers, drugs, or something stronger."

"Tranquilizers aren't going to do you any good now." Deaton said, appearing into the room. "If you use tranquilizers or drugs, they will just make him sleep, but then what happens when he wakes up? The same thing. You can't just avoid the change and make him sleep it off, it has to go through his body and run its course. Stiles is a very dominate, angry, and lethal creature, from what I've seen. He is immensely dangerous. Right now, Derek is in the most danger. He chose not to engage with Stiles, which means Stiles will grow further frustrated. If we don't get Derek out now, Stiles will kill him."

"God. I've never seen this happen, not to this degree. . . What do you recommend we do?" Violet said.

"That decision is up to you. All I can say that you need to get the wolf out now." Deaton said.

Michael walked back and forth in the room. How was he going to do this?

"Alright here's the plan. We're going to go down there as quiet as we can, we don't want Stiles to know we are there. Violet, you're going to be our distraction. We're going to open up the door, and when Stiles sees you, I'm going to run in and grab Derek. Richard, Violet, and some others are going to lure Stiles out into another room, a safer one."

"I see some problems here. For one, Stiles is going to try and kill us, how the hell are we going to lure him out without dying? And second of all, we don't have a safer room. The only reason that one is intact is because Derek is in there distracting Stiles." Richard said.