Chapter 15: High Maintenance

Derek didn't know what to think. To be honest he hadn't even thought about his village since he brought Stiles home. That made him feel selfish, that was his home, and although he wasn't born and raised there, after his family died he got a new one. He loved his village.

Two boys came into the room and interrupted his thoughts.

"We're just going to take the chains off." One of the boys said.

Derek nodded and they took off the first chain around his wrist. Derek gasped. Stiles' wrist were bloody and raw.

"Why are his wrist like this?" Derek asked.

"They were dipped in a poison, burning his skin. It's like wolfsbane, but for us. This room is made for any and all precautions, and though Stiles is alright now, I think at least, bad things still could have happened, still can."

"Bad things? Like what?" Derek asked.

"I think you should ask Michael that."

Derek nodded, annoyed with the constant evasiveness. Once Stiles was out of the chains, Derek lifted him up in his arms with ease and carried him out of the room.

He followed the boys, men really, though they were still young. They lead him to a room that was similar to the one Michael first brought him in, except this one didn't have the TV, only a couch, and a table and chairs.

Michael was seated at one, head in his hands, and looked up when he saw Derek.

He nodded to the boys, and they left.

"I'll make this brief." Michael said. "First I would like to thank you. If you hadn't gone into that room, I don't know what would have happened. Many of my people got hurt though, that damage is on Stiles. We've had slight injuries of course, but nothing like this. I hate to say this, especially because Stiles is only a kid, but he's extremely dangerous."

"But he's past this now." Derek protested.

"Not entirely. Our ability is much like werewolves, though we don't have full moons that make us shift, our emotions can also trigger the change. We cannot know how Stiles will be, the first change doesn't reflect how Stiles' normal changes will be, but say for instance Stiles gets angry, and he triggers the change, what do you think will happen? He might be lethal, he might try to kill, and while I know that Stiles is a very sweet kid, his animal might not be. That means that for the sake of my people and this entire village, we have to take precautions."

"What do you mean?" Derek asked.

"Take Stiles home, get him to rest. I don't know how to handle this yet, I need a plan." Michael took in a deep breath. "And my people need to heal. Don't let him leave the house, and try to keep his father away, tell him those are my orders."

Derek was puzzled as to why his father had to stay away, but he nodded and left. He ran through the woods, glancing down occasionally to make sure that Stiles was still asleep.

When he came to Stiles' home, John saw him immediately through the window and ran out of the house.

"Oh my god. My boy. What happened? I heard the bells, I didn't know what to do I-"

"John. He's fine. I'll explain everything when we get inside." He'd also have to explain how John had to stay away from Stiles. How was he going to do that? After such a traumatic experience, how would a father stay away from his son? He just got him back.

John nodded and held the door open for Derek. He told him to put Stiles on the couch, and then John sat by his son while Derek took a seat on the recliner.