Chapter 7: Questions

It seemed like Stiles was in shock. He stood there for several moments after Derek had changed back, mouth hanging open. He didn't speak and didn't move, only stared at Derek.

"Stiles?"

No response. Just staring.

"Hello? Stiles." Derek said again, snapping his fingers in front of Stiles' face. Stiles shut his mouth and cleared his throat.

"You. . ." He trailed off.

"I'm a werewolf. I have already told you this."

"Right, but, you never told me you changed into an actual wolf, a huge, giant, snarling wolf." All the books Stiles had read only showed great beasts on two legs.

"Never came up." Derek shrugged.

"So it was you. . ." Stiles said softly, he was certain. 

"Me?"

"Yeah. In the woods, when I got lost, it was you!" Stiles grew frustrated. 

"I don't know what you're talking about." Derek said. He turned away from Stiles and started walking off.

Stiles glanced at his backside, his nice backside, might I add, but Derek turned around just as he did, so Stiles was caught looking at his crotch. Awkward. Stiles quickly looked away at a nearby tree. Derek smirked.

"Are you coming?"

"Yeah."

They started walking back into the woods, where Derek found his clothes and started to put them on. Stiles turned around and looked away, giving Derek his privacy, he was polite that way. Thank God Derek had the brains and time to take them off before shifting, otherwise the rest of their journey would be very awkward.  

While Derek was changing, Stiles thought about the wolf. It's was definitely Derek. Though he didn't know a lot about wolves, he did know one thing. That ones eyes were like no other, they were. . . not animal, and certainty not human. They were more.

While still turned around, Stiles spoke to Derek. "I know it was you. I can tell by the way your fur looked, and the shape of you as the wolf. And because of your eyes. They're greenish when you're human, but when you're a wolf, they are a bright blue. I'd recognize them anywhere. They're very. . ." He didn't want to say beautiful. "Different."

"So now your complementing me on my eyes?" Derek said as he stepped into Stiles view.

"Not really, but I can complement you on your body. Good God, how often do you work out? It's got to be like three times a day. I've seriously got to be cutting into your workout routine." Derek rolled his eyes. Stiles shook his head, he was getting distracted.

"You're avoiding what I'm saying, you don't want to talk about it, why?" Stiles asked.

Derek glared at Stiles. "No I'm not."

"Yes you are! Look man, thank you for saving me, I appreciate it. But when you did save me, you changed, I know that and you know that. But I also know that I saw a wolf in the woods, the day after. . ." He trailed off. It was the day after his mom's funeral.

"Never mind. But I did see a wolf, you look exactly like that wolf."

Derek didn't say anything.

"Wolves are supposed to kill easy prey, at least when they are without a pack. I was a perfect meal, but I didn't get eaten. This wolf didn't have a pack. This wolf had black hair, like you. This wolf had blue eyes, like you. This wolf was friendly, not so like you, but aye, whatever. I know it's you. So why are you not admitting it is? It doesn't matter, does it?"