Chapter 18: Under The Stars

Life finally seemed to be going well, though there was still plenty to figure out. Derek was thankful to find out that Michael had already discussed everything with John, saving Derek an embarrassing conversation, though there were still several that followed.

After arriving back, Michael steered them in a different direction than towards Stiles' home.

"I have something to show both of you, I hope you like it." Michael spoke. "Follow me."

They walked through the village, until he lead Derek and Stiles back into a different section of the woods. After a simple walk, they stopped in front of a large house.

"It's impractical for you to live with Stiles' father, you and Stiles need your own place. John, after much discussion, has agreed with me." Michael winked at Stiles.

Stiles smiled ear to ear. "This is just -wow." He gazed up at the house. It was clearly old, but it was beautiful and had character, it was perfect for the both of them.

If the bricked house was so amazing on the outside, Derek was curious as to how it would look on the inside.

"Now, don't get into a state of awe. It needs plenty of work, it's been vacant for a while."

"Why is it out here, away from the village?" Stiles asked.

"A long time ago, the chiefs actually lived here, but, many years later we found it easier and more practical to have our own homes inside the village, being closer to the community and all that. I know Derek has deep ties to the woods and given that it's where you two met, I thought it was only fitting."

Stiles gazed at the house again. "It's more than perfect. Thank you."

"Well, I have some work to attend to, and I'm sure you all want to see inside the house. If you need anything, let me know." Michael turned around to leave, but then remembered something and turned back. 

"Also, I need both of you at the ceremony spot when the sun is at it's highest point." With that, Michael retreated, and the only people left in the quiet woods was Derek and Stiles.

"Let's go!" Stiles said excitedly, running towards the house.

As soon as you opened the door, you saw a staircase leading up to bedrooms. To the left of the staircase was a living room, which was connected to a kitchen behind it. To the right of the staircase was another living room, this one was larger.

The old wall paper was peeling, and there was dust everywhere, but it was perfect. 

Stiles started climbing the staircase and each one seemed to creak.

"Be careful." Derek said, rolling his eyes as he watched Stiles trip. He followed after him, making sure he didn't fall all the way back down.

When they both reached the top of the staircase, they turned left. There was a door at the end, and when opened they discovered it was a bathroom. The next door was a bed room, which had a bathroom connected to it, which was also the next door. Now they were to the right of the staircase, and found another bedroom connected to another bathroom. There was one last door at the end of the hall, and it was the master.

"Damn." Derek said. The room was huge, and the dusty bed was the biggest he had ever seen. The master bathroom was gorgeous, with double sinks, a large shower, and huge bathtub.

Stiles walked inside and opened up the curtains, letting some much needed light in. The orange flow from the setting sun cascaded on the dusty wooden floors.

"I can tell you right now, we're fixing this room first." Stiles said, glancing around the room. He was taking in all of the house, envisioning what it would look like once they were done, running his fingertips over panels.